Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venk

lookin for a friendly doomer

Hi the name is Ty, been a doomer since i could turn on the computer and have become a huge brutal doom fan and love making maps with doombuilder. Sadly i dont have many friends who play doom as intensively as i do and could use a pal. If interested reply here and we could chat through kik or something. I'd love soneone who could help me with mapping and testing and i'd be glad to do the same.

I don't have any friends who play Doom :(. I myself am pretty new to mapping, not great at it by any means. Feel free to PM me and we could exchange maps/ideas about Doom in general.

That being said, the folks in the WADs & Mods section of the forum will gladly play your maps, and I have learned a lot about mapping just by lurking and playing.

I don't have any friends who play Doom besides Viper (Now known as "Liquefied_Synapse" on Youtube) the guys I know from Youtube (DoomMariner, DoomGeek101, Mr.Chris, Katamori and some others) and Doomworld (Mr.Chris, Katamori ect).

Although, you could just talk via Doomworld PM rather than kik. If you want help testing, just create a thread for the wad you are making in the Wads and Mods section of Classic Doom (Just make sure you have either downloads for the wad or screenshots for the wad so you don't get Newproject tagged), I'm quite sure the sometimes nice and occasionally accepting Doom community will help you out providing you didn't do something stupid like edit an IWAD level, the IWAD itself or rip off somebodies work.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Its all original for sure. I'm only 3 maps in right now but looking for a way to add enemies from scoredoom and the brutal doom extra weapons to doombuilder

I have no-one to play maps with either. Well no internet folk anyhow. I do have a couple of friends to play maps with...but when they ain't around it would be nice to have somebody else to play with.

>Been playing doom since you could turn on a computer
>Likes Brutal Doom

So how HAS this past month been treating you?

TheMionicDonut said:

>Been playing doom since you could turn on a computer
>Likes Brutal Doom

So how HAS this past month been treating you?

Wow.. see? Told you we're all dickheads.

Paging darknation to the thread for a group hug.

@Venk - you'll find plenty of people here who'll answer mapping questions and test maps, though not all that many Brutal Doom fans.

Guest Unregistered account

I'm 12, so I have even worse luck when it comes to having Dooming friends.

My friends aren't your typical "COD Fanboy" types, but they still take a negative approach towards the entire Doom series.

Reverting to type, it does seem to be because of the graphics.

The only other person possible would be my dad. But... well... I guess this post is about friend friends. :/

Same as everyone else, I don't have too many people that play doom. We should create a chatroom where people like us could meet up!

I have a friend and brother who i deathmatch via lan in my place all the time. But i'd be happy to playtest your maps or answer your questions the best i can, just pm when you need help with those things.

You should look to seek friendship with the FLCL Clan on ZDaemon. There are at least 10 people involved in the clan. I've been a member for a little over 1 month now and I enjoy FLCL ffa/duel sessions online :)

I found out a band member of mine plays DOOM, and I was like 'sweet! like what doom WADs?' he's like 'mostly brutal doom in random oblige maps', me: 'oh . . . that's nice.'

Venk said:

Hi the name is Ty, been a doomer since i could turn on the computer and have become a huge brutal doom fan and love making maps with doombuilder. Sadly i dont have many friends who play doom as intensively as i do and could use a pal. If interested reply here and we could chat through kik or something. I'd love soneone who could help me with mapping and testing and i'd be glad to do the same.

I would not mind being a mapping buddy with you if you want. Have you been making maps for long or have you just started?

I'm sure Sarge Mark IV regrets that. If not, he's a first class dbag and eff him.

However - that ugly incident shouldn't reflect badly on what is probably the best mod for Doom, ever. I swear by Brutal Doom religiously. And I'm totally new here (like 4 posts I think) - so I have no dog in this "battle", never even knew it existed until just now.

Brutal Doom is amazing/epic.

Sodaholic said:

That first blog that wildweasel links in that post is my random blog where i have never posted anything, how did he find that lol.

and Sarge may be a douchebag but brutal doom is still pretty cool imo, and im not some first day doomer, been mapping since i've been a member here.

Solid Snake said:

That first blog that wildweasel links in that post is my random blog where i have never posted anything, how did he find that lol.

and Sarge may be a douchebag but brutal doom is still pretty cool imo, and im not some first day doomer, been mapping since i've been a member here.

This.

I have been on the forums here for like 7 years so it's not like I haven't been playing the shit out of Doom long before Brutal Doom even became a thing, but I still love the shit out of that mod. I still like using the Sperglord edition of it, though.