Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

alt.wad

Map 32 UV Speed in 1:51 -complevel 9

kmxexil's review provides the context for making this demo. Without an existing speedrun to crib from, I figured under 2 minutes would make a decent time. Had 3 1:58 attempts before attaining a lower time. Thinking below 1:30 could be done by a more skilled player. Good luck with the hitscanners. I've managed to die in under 10 seconds on some of my attempts when being reckless.

Not trying for Max because 'eff column hopping.

While it's not part of the demo, I do know what's going on with the archviles in suspended animation.

altv-151.zip

Heh, probably the only one. Strange wad: obviously very impressive design almost entirely out of stock textures but I just don't find playing it very fun.

I might have asked this before but do you play with high gamma correction? At first I couldn't see that first baron you killed with plasma at all.

Also thx to Plut for maxing superwad and I liked how Veinen skipped pretty much everything in that TAB map. :)

Gamma 4 (highest). No problems with seeing that baron, but still: I completely missed the presence of a pain elemental @2:48 due to darkness.

Oh yes, my feelings about the WAD were similar, though I did enjoy playing at least 5 maps. Left some comments on /idgames.

vdgg said:

Gamma 4 (highest). No problems with seeing that baron, but still: I completely missed the presence of a pain elemental @2:48 due to darkness.

Oh yes, my feelings about the WAD were similar, though I did enjoy playing at least 5 maps. Left some comments on /idgames.

I feel your pain, though it's cool that a few of the levels were apparently fun enough to demo

vdgg said:

Maxes for both Dominion maps.

Nice! Of course you guessed map04's inspiration correctly (must be especially obvious in the red area). About the last secret in map14: I find it very easy to jump there with just running like this, see the attachment.

dom14scr.zip

^ How you survived that low health moment with a sergant and a chaingunner in front of you?

Bloody Realms of Hell NM Speed in 6:54. Probably not that hard in general, but for moi it was. My first attempts started in February and between April and June I had zero attempts (out of maybe 300) that reached the yellow key and I almost gave up hope.

The whole thing was kind of an answer to a discussion in which I was about to agree with Memfis that Chris' maps are getting unnessarily easy. So skill 5 was an obvious choice, but......!!!

Of course it was fun, otherwise I would've got up earlier.

blon-654.zip

vdgg said:

Bloody Realms of Hell NM Speed in 6:54. Probably not that hard in general, but for moi it was. My first attempts started in February and between April and June I had zero attempts (out of maybe 300) that reached the yellow key and I almost gave up hope.

The whole thing was kind of an answer to a discussion in which I was about to agree with Memfis that Chris' maps are getting unnessarily easy. So skill 5 was an obvious choice, but......!!!

Of course it was fun, otherwise I would've got up earlier.

Thanks a lot for making this demo and showing so much interest in this level! I thoroughly enjoyed watching you own my level on Nightmare! Now, try The Wailing Horde on that skill ;)

Memfis said:

About the last secret in map14: I find it very easy to jump there with just running like this, see the attachment.

Didn't worked for me, I always falled down and even couldn't get to the ledge.
http://doomedsda.us/wad204.html
One Bloody Night map02 UV-Max in 3:39
Dominion map14 UV-Max in 7:18

bld'n'dom.zip

4shockblast said:
I don't know why I recorded so many demos for this wad.

At Quake SDA they called it "total ownage" when one player held the records in all categories on a map.

I guess it's "total ownage" now.

Pillars Tyson in 2:23
Stroller in 0:16.83
UV -fast in 2:27.

Very ugly -fast demo, pretty much a table filler, but I can't be bothered to run this level anymore.

pilmore.zip