Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RTC_Marine

Slade 3.1.0 released

Sirjuddington has posted up a new version of the Doom editor Slade, now at 3.1.0. This is a major release; the program itself has had many new features and fixes added, and the map editor has had a substantial upgrade too, for example:

• Support for Doom, Hexen and UDMF format maps
  • 'Split' game configuration system - just select a game and a port, no more long list of 'ZDoom + Doom 2', 'ZDoom + Doom 1' etc. configs
  • Syncs up with the resource editor - changed a texture? it'll update in the map editor
  • Nice looking, smoothly animated 2d map editor view
The full changelog and download links are available at the Slade website here.

Why is the download of vc redist 2013 from the setup mandatory? This means, if someone already have installed it, setup download and install it again.

I found the problem. I had installed the 64bit version of vcredist 2013 installed, and had to install the x86 version too.

In 3.1.0 Beta 6

Whenever I start it, it asks me for the temp folder, resources and node builder. It remembers the resources so there I only have to click OK. It forgets all other settings, also settings found in the preferences, and even settings in some dialoga that I expect it to remember (like the last game configuration in map editor launcher).

When I tried to open a map using an extra resource pwad, it froze with 100% cpu.