Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Really? I was pretty sure they get uploaded to the archives as soon as they appear, and that demopack doesn't seem to have a time limit or whatever. Okay then, I beg your pardon, kind sirs.

You should probably add a mention that dimes 30pl2807 uses map17 suicide exit since it technically makes it a different category (it wasn't allowed in compet-n rules, rest of the non-tas 30pl runs don't use that route).

Should the same also apply to vdgg's Memento Mori 2 Episode 1 UV Speed run? That run uses a suicide exit on Map 9.

Wow, my old run has not been completely forgotten :)

(it wasn't allowed in compet-n rules, rest of the non-tas 30pl runs don't use that route).

No, Jakub Machata's hr runs from 2003 prove otherwise. My heart bleeds when I see Doomguy dying in the middle of his adventure, but it was allowed. Always, I think.

Was there any particular reason that the suicide exit was contested for episode or SS runs initially? It sounds a lot like the void glide trick/thread.

91 demos this week.

Dime: I'm not familiar with any history regarding death exits, myself. A Compet-N vet might be able to clarify for us.

SAV88: Fixed. Thanks!

Andy Olivera said:

Dime: I'm not familiar with any history regarding death exits, myself. A Compet-N vet might be able to clarify for us.

I recall that some players *assumed* it was not allowed in a movie run due to the wording of the rules (and therefore avoided it), but AdamH clarified that simply starting the next level did not count as "respawning after a death", and therefore that exiting a level dead in a movie run was, and always had been, OK.

edit: http://www.doom.com.hr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=290&p=1681&hilit=slide#p1681

Reason I thought death exits were not allowed was because Vile actually said so in his ep2 run comments. Doesn't specify which trick but I just assumed it was the most obvious one. Cool to learn these little things about compet-n history.

17: Can't perform the trick here because it breaks the rules. :)

My Killing Adventure map 08 and map 18 maxes were actually -complevel 9. Also, my DoomJr Map 26 UV-Speed is also Pacifist. Sorry about the inaccurate textfiles.

Andy Olivera said:

34 demos this week, with a bunch left over for next week.

Does that mean there were some you noticed last week, but just didn't get uploaded to DSDA? I'm not trying to sound impatient or ungrateful (sorry if I come across that way); I just want to make sure that it wouldn't be more convenient for me to e-mail you the ones I had from last week that didn't get uploaded to DSDA.