Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

How do you midi guys make music anyway, with keyboards, or you have some program you use?

I still have 4 tracks to finish, and one to debug.

Solid Snake: I just use a mouse. Majority of sequencing is done in Anvil Studio, and if I need MIDI effects (pitch bends, etc), I switch over to Sekaiju to do those.

i have a kind of fear in utilizing pitch-bends, because i think it's already been mentioned what FL Studio feels about those things in MIDI files. plus, FL Studio freaks the fuck out whenever i add pitch-bend range to something. kind of really sucks.

edit: oh yeah, i totally forgot to post the song here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3m03hfhbgvcyze/Contempt%20%28I%20Hate%20You%29.mid

Dear everyone. The MAP 01 slot is now open.

So if you want to get involved, now is the time. :)

Can I call it? I really would like to do a TNT Map 01.

EDIT: I started on a real rough draft of the outer area. (Using my unmerged TNT wad.)

What kind of a map are you looking for? are you doing like "open submission" thing?

How does a duel to the death with flintlocks sound to you two guys?

No seriously, I'll sign both of you up. We are really trying to get as many different mappers involved as possible, and as I have stated before, I am happy enough to pull a couple of my own maps if we get submissions from other mappers of sufficient quality.

Fellowzdoomer, you got in first, so I will put you on the 'official' roster.

But SFoZ, if you wanna do a map, love to have it on board, and will get it in if at all possible.

Thanks for the interest guys.

Fellowzdoomer, you have the texture pack? Pretty sure you do, if not, PM me, I'll send it to you. And SFoZ, I will send it to you also. :)

I dunno what a flintlock is, but count me in!

...no seriously, what's a flintlock?

EDIT: I just redownloaded it! Turns out I deleted the merged version AND the TP. I have version 12.

You'll have a spot in TNT: Rebellion xD

On another note, not sure if you have a TITLEPIC, but I googled up "space", picked an image, did some edits and Ihave an idea for one.

http://i.imgur.com/zgHGSaG.jpg

Its bad, I know. *sighs* but I'm thinking of a TITLEPIC being something like this.

Status report on Kyka's request: I'm not happy to admit this, but I feel like I have to. I've stagnated with my map's development, and this is literally everything I have (no change for almost 2 months):

Recently, I somehow can't get myself into long-lasting creative work, even though I have free time for it. I've seriously considered telling you that I'm giving up, and kindness aside - it might be for the good, I might deserve to be taken out for my procrastinating bad habits. But let's say that I still want the slot - it seems that we're in no rush yet, anyway.

Sorry.

I've struggled too as my reply to Kyka stated, but here is an actual screen shot to prove I have done something :)

@scifista and cannonball.

Thanks for the replies guys. That is all we really wanted for now. I just wanted to avoid having people who had lost interest and weren't going to do anything.

If further down the track you get to a point where it is just not happening, we can revisit then. :)

cheers.

Guys, about Map 1; Just remember we are going to add a little intro section to Map 1 that ties Revilution to Evilution, it will have no gameplay at all, just for atmosphere, but still, just reminding people. Wherever your Map 1 begins, will be where the map's gameplay actually starts.

Oh, great. My begins out a base (I love what I did to my map so far). I PM'd KiiYiiKiiA, not sure If he got it. Regardless, should I pm the map01 to you too?

Yeah I did get it. I will look at it in the next day or so. :)

Yeah for sure send it to Ragnor and Megamur too. :)

If you're making your map difficult, you may want to question whether its suitable for MAP01.
That includes all skill levels, including UV.

So do you guys have any guidelines for map01 other then the intro part?
I mean should it be a techbase similar to the original tnt? because thats what i've started so far. i've been using stock texture.

Fellowzdoomer, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, the map you submitted is honestly quite poor in its current state: detail is minimal (a few skylights and an ugly-looking, asynchronous strobe light effect are about as far as you got with detail); rooms are needlessly large and constructed out of asymmetrical, inconsistent architecture (like how a couple rooms stick out further from the center on the left side than on the right, despite seeming to be trying to be symmetrical shapes otherwise; or how the revenant platforms west of the blue key have the same overall shape but significantly different dimensions); and it's extremely linear (basically just a series of hallways, with no side rooms, detours or split paths. Even Evilution Map01 had a few side areas).

I understand this is meant to be a rough draft, but what you've shown is not very promising so far. Perhaps you should have waited until you had a more complete product before you sent in your submission. Regardless, you should probably try to practice and hone your craft with smaller map projects instead.

This is just my opinion, however. Perhaps Kyka and Ragnor will disagree.

@SFoZ911:

Ragnor is generally the one in charge of overall theme for the maps, so it'd be up to him to give the final word on what you should be doing for Map01. Gameplay-wise, I simply suggest limiting your weapon selection to the shotgun, and perhaps a chaingun and/or berserk pack, saving the better weapons for later levels.

SFoZ911 said:

So do you guys have any guidelines for map01 other then the intro part?
I mean should it be a techbase similar to the original tnt? because thats what i've started so far. i've been using stock texture.

Episode 1 is standard TNT techbase. The idea for E1 is that its the same area from Evilution E3, carrying on from the ending. The intro will be the player leaving this behind, once Kyka eventually gets an altered IoS like this:

The ending text:

Leaving this arena, the player will return down the corridor with the floating cages, go through a broken window ("something rumbling in the distance" means the area back here collapsing) and enter one of the cages; this will teleport them into Map 1's actual start and begin Revilution.

Since Hell has faded from the base, there are still dead remnants of Hell in several E1 maps. Map 5 for example has a random flesh pillar thats just there for atmosphere. Feel free to add a small dead hellish artefact somewhere if you wish to.

Okay, i'll see what I can do about that. I already have a layout. i just need to know if there are any custom textures to which i can use to "uniform" my map.