Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mercuriusfm

DOOM - E1M1 Techno Remix

[22:45] <ClonedPickle> like maybe it's because i'm kind of drunk but the opening part is starting to literally make me want to puke
[22:46] <ClonedPickle> oh ok it finally got "intense" and the alcoholic feeling of "anything sounds good" started to kick in
[22:47] <ClonedPickle> but this still sounds bad
[22:47] <ClonedPickle> just bad to a level that i can deal with

People are remixing doom music all the time, and the 2nd paragraph reads like this dude is just trying to advertise his social media bullshit. Why is this news?

Why the hell can't I play it?! I click the Play (>) button and nothing happens. I click the download button and I'm just told to download a HTML.

Moreover, is this officially related to id and Zenimax's new Doom development?

printz said:

Why the hell can't I play it?! I click the Play (>) button and nothing happens. I click the download button and I'm just told to download a HTML.

I experienced that problem for a while, too. But now it is finally working for me.

Anyway, about the music. It just makes me cringe...it sounds like a bunch of drunk bees.

printz said:

Moreover, is this officially related to id and Zenimax's new Doom development?

Apologies about the playback issues, Soundcloud isn't perfect (as many are learning more and more lately...)

To be very clear, this remix is NOT endorsed by Zenimax, Bethesda, or id Software. It is purely an unofficial, fan-made creation.

destx said:

People are remixing doom music all the time, and the 2nd paragraph reads like this dude is just trying to advertise his social media bullshit. Why is this news?

You're right, a lot of people do, but it's their choice to not share it more publicly. That said, the links at the bottom are simply a way for you to hear other stuff I make. You're not forced to click it, however I'm an independent artist, so I have to put myself on the line a bit and offer people to follow.

I like this thread, it reminds me of the old times when anything new Doom related was exciting and could make it in the news. Nowadays we get 20 project screenshots, 10 maps, 5 demos and 1 artwork every day and we just take it for granted.

Wait a sec, anyone can just post Doomworld news whenever they want? Is that how it works? Holy crap, all of my wad releases are now going to be front page news. I figured it must have been official, or endorsed or seomthing, but nope.

Anyway, this is fucking raping one of my favorite gaming tunes. Just flat out ripping it wide open. Normally I'm really nice about reviewing... just about anything, from WADs to music - but damn dude, you just blew me away. Why does it keep going out of tune? Why is it so high pitch as to cause physical pain? Why was this on the front page?

WHY?

It doesn't sound doom-ish at all, it just sounds like an idealess song with annoying instruments, would be cool if it was remixed from metal to rock or something that fits, electric noises never did.

Doomkid said:

Why was this on the front page?

WHY?

To prevent the OP from editing it out of shame, heh.