Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

IcyHot comes from hell's maw...

Just something I've been wondering since I first played heretic... what's up with hell's maw? Fire and Ice together so close? Hmm...

Well, you gotta realize that this Hell is in an alternate dimension....I guess that fire and ice combine to be Heretic's version of Hell in this Heretic dimension.

Or you could blame it on Brian Raffel, or one of his level-designer buddies.

Learn a lesson from that and remember it when you design the levels for your megawad. Don't try to be subtle with the Doom engine. Think *contrast*. Try to have areas with contrasting lighting, texturing, colors, floor/ceiling heights or whatever. Heretic and the rest of the Doom engine games have their own reality. It doesn't have to conform to the rules of the real world.

The presence of both ice and fire makes it a rather unstable and chaotical scenery...excellent for a Hell. By "Hell" we understand, bad place where bad guys live and bad things happen.

ever play chrono trigger? one of the best spells is bipod (or something like that) firts marley freezes em and then lucca sets em on fire. neat eh?

I love chrono trigger. The move is called "antipode".