Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

The G8 Summit

Well, in case any of you didn't know, the annual G8 meeting is taking place in Kananaskis (a large area in the mountains neer Banff). Anyways, there are expected to be lots of protesters like in the Seattle and Quebec City riots. Starting this weekend, there will be no air traffic all the way west to the B.C. border (except american fighter jets), moble SAM batteries, and increased security.

Anyways, what's your opinion? Are these protesters right or wrong? Should the top 8 countries in the world own 2/3rds of the worlds money?

I seem to remember Canada volunteered to hold it on top of a mountain so as to make it difficult for protests after the last violent ones? And yes we should

British Columbia is a beautiful place. Vancouver is one of the nicest cities I've ever visited.

About the protests? I fail to care. That the world's top 8 countries control all the money is immeterial; things will get interesting in a few years when the corporations that control all the money (and reside in those 8 countries) gain extraterritory status and brush the dust of the 8 countries from their political sandals.

I so want to live in Vancouver. It's like the coolest fucking place I've been to, and its only about 6-8 hours from my current home.

The protesters are respectless assholes, who only want to cause trouble (you can tell that I hate rioters).
Now if they learned to demonstrate PEACEFULLY, I would probably take them more serious.