Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Switcheroom 2 - Alpha 2

I've opened 4 slots (one of them was mine - I've worked on it, but output is not worthy enough). See the OP.

Everyone is free to join now, to fill one of the opened slots - just pick one according to the OP, post in the thread that you want it, and make a Switcheroom map complying with the project rules. I hope this actually gets the project in move. Please, make it happen!

Oh, and be careful when picking slots. Target slot and layout map must be from different episodes. That said, there mustn't become an impossible situation when last few maps on the left and on the right are from the same episode.

Jaws In Space gets MAP23 slot. Also, I'd need an_mutt (MAP12), Magnusblitz (MAP02), C30N9 (MAP29) and (possibly) BlueFeena (MAP17) to finish their maps. Thanks.

Archi said:

Mind if I try MAP30<--MAP20?

Yes No Er, I mean that I don't mind, of course you can have it! I hope you correctly understand that you claim MAP20's layout and MAP30's target slot (tied with a hell theme). MAP20 itself is kind of very Hell-like, are you sure about the selection? But it'd be great to get a map from Archi. :)

I could not think of MAP30<--MAP18 replacement, MAP29 and MAP24 is even more hellish, than MAP20, so I think MAP20 is the only suitable.

Alright. Hell slots wouldn't be allowed for other hell maps anyway.

3 slots left!

Wow. An awesome, hard map. Obviously an "advanced" mapping entirely suited to hardcore players. Well, MAP30 deserves a challenging ending. Great work, Archi, thanks for it! Let someone else to judge the gameplay, as I can't handle playing it without cheats. IMO the map is too dark and brick textures should be replaced with something more hellish, otherwise the map is visually pleasing in a vanilla way.

Archi said:

I've tried something

Tough but i didn't expect anything else. Cool map defnitly works as final, no complaints.

So, could I *try* for a third and last time?

On another important note, are you going to do like the first and release the rejected as another pack?

EDIT: if I am allowed, can I take map29 in the Map06 slot?

I apologize for allowing this horrendous inactivity. I didn't see Fellowzdoomer's request, because he apparently edited his post 2 days after replying. It doesn't matter now, because he has been losered after this post I believe.

Recent progress of mine:

Yes - once again it's just a screenshot of an incomplete map - sorry. I've restarted Wolfencity 4 times already (because I didn't like the previous results), but this is surely going to be final version. Hopefully I'll get it done soon. When I release the map eventually, I'm planning to enclose all its previous scrapped versions as a bonus.

When this thread is revived once again, be sure that I'm still looking for mappers, and there are free slots. Anyone wants to try a Switcheroom-style map?

You get it. To clarify: You'll be recreating Doom 2 MAP29 layout in a Techbase style, and the map will end up in MAP06 slot.

EDIT: That might turn out interesting, because MAP29 is full of curvy and rocky architecture, which might not be easy to convert to a base.

Heh. I've tried for an early deadline before, but it didn't work as I've expected. Anyway, Switcheroom-style maps shouldn't take too long to create, so try to have a first playable version of your map within a month. You can post screenshots as you advance, I'll try to be helpful with feedback.

Interesting layout scifista. My only concern is that you eventually scrap this concept too. So just finish this one ;)

Thanks, tourniquet. This fifth version is very similar to the previous four but there's a major improvement: No pavements next to every road. The previous versions had them, but I've always came to a conclusion that they don't feel right, they forced the roads to be too wide and different from Wolfenstein corridors. I believe I'll get it now, even though the map's aesthetics will probably feel very old-school.

Guest Unregistered account

Can I take one of the last two slot?s *Looks slyly around* No one's taken them, have they?

As Circle of Death in city form would seem boring (to me) and Hell form was technically already done in Plutonia, I decided to claim MAP16.

Map name: [UNDECIDED]
The switch: Layout --> Level 16 Target --> Level 25 (Bloodfalls)

you'll have to wait for a while, folks. As of the 25th, I'll be campoling for a week, so please be patient. That said, I won't flame if the Mapslot is awarded to someone else. ;)

[EDIT]: This means, if I get the slot, that there'll be just one left! Who will get it? :)

Joe667, you comprehended the claiming system vice versa. The only free layouts are MAP18 and MAP24, sorry.

scifista42 said:

Thanks, tourniquet. This fifth version is very similar to the previous four but there's a major improvement: No pavements next to every road. The previous versions had them, but I've always came to a conclusion that they don't feel right, they forced the roads to be too wide and different from Wolfenstein corridors. I believe I'll get it now, even though the map's aesthetics will probably feel very old-school.

Why don't you release the other four?

LockeRequiem said:

Why don't you release the other four?

Their layouts are mostly much less than 50% complete, and gameplay unfinished too. As I said, I will release them as a bonus content with the real map.

Guest Unregistered account

Ok, I'll take MAP18 in the style of... any available hell slot. It'll be interesting to fiddle around with the already hell-like magma tunnels...

Joe667 said:

Ok, I'll take MAP18 in the style of... any available hell slot. It'll be interesting to fiddle around with the already hell-like magma tunnels...

No, sorry. :( You actually have just 2 possibilities:

MAP18 layout in MAP11 slot. (base aesthetics)
MAP24 layout in MAP16 slot. (city aesthetics)

EDIT: By the way - where are you, Jaws in Space and Magnusblitz and others?

sincity2100 said:

Can I claim the map 11 spot?

Joe667's requests couldn't be satisfied, so you get it (MAP18 layout in MAP11 slot). Sorry Joe.