Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

I think maybe what it needed most were those inset waterfalls that I dump everywhere. I now regret deleting the previous attempt at the map, because its start room looked pretty cool, maybe I'll try and rebuild it. thanks guys

--

rayzik and scalliano: :D

Never uploaded shots before, wanted to try.. hope it didn't fuckup anything.

Anyways just a vanilla map i've been working on.

Memfis said:

Yes yes Vilecore 2.
It's nice that you're using many new textures!

Actually that's Stalking Evil (currently 12 maps of gothic type maps for ZDoom). I was messing about in there and took some shots. Here's another... [edit] So umm, yeah I have 3 main projects going, Vilecore 2, Stalking Evil [doom in hexen format] and Constriction Zone [UDMF]. Mainly plucking away at V2 and when I feel like messing with 3d floors and slopes n shit I do some on Constriction. Stalking is kinda on the back, back burner.

so i made a starting area to something. it's far from finished of course. not sure where it will end up later.

DD: nice shot :)
GF: I like yours, too, but I think the presence of the ROCKRED*-FLOOR6_1 and ASHWALL-FLOOR6_2 pairs alongside looks quite contradictional.

http://i.imgur.com/F3U058Jl.png
I want to post here this map too because that thread is pretty deaf now but anyways E4M5:They will repent.
It starts of with the player facing some bars with monsters behind it that can't shoot through the bars(yet), but just wanted to show the other stuff I did instead like this big slide down.

Oversized far wall aside, that screenshot actually looks pretty reasonable. I'm pleasantly surprised.

joe-ilya said:

I want to post here this map too because that thread is pretty deaf now but anyways E4M5:They will repent.

By "that thread" you mean UDINO? I agree.
Anyways, I like how it looks.

purist said:

Nice shots SFoZ911. That first area in particularly looks nice :-)

Thanks a bunch!

joe-ilya said:

It starts of with the player facing some bars with monsters behind it that can't shoot through the bars(yet), but just wanted to show the other stuff I did instead like this big slide down.

I think it's nice to see you improve at mapping a little.

I like how simplistic yet amazing they are, Josh. :)

darkreaver said:

Hacking away at old RoD-maps. Will this shit ever be finished?

Patience, man. Just give it a few years.

Reldresal Revival MAP07: The Wall (WIP 75% done)

A linear map with straightforward fights, straightforward locked door puzzles, and novel use of tag 667.

Avoozl said:

What is with that skies palette? :P

Your monitor's incorrect gamma correction, most likely.

That sky looks a bit crappy to me as well (ugly brown on the outline of clouds, I would try remapping it to black).

Avoozl said:

What is with that skies palette? :P

The darkest red in Doom's palette is not all that close to black. If you convert an image with a darker red into a paletted one, you often get brown for dark reds because it's the closest match. Doesn't look good for a fade from red to black though.

I agree with Memfis, remapping the brown to black or at least very dark grey would probably look much better.

mouldy said:

some meaty goodness

That map looks more like what I wanted to make for The Shores of ZDoom. some beautiful E2 goodness in there thats for true!

darkreaver said:

The sky is from Scythe (2?), and it's a placeholder sky.

It actually originates from Hexen. Anyhow, nice screenshot, icky sky or no.