Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomRenegade

Deathmatch project

Guest Unregistered account

DoomGuy: Heh. The status of my map is finished, but I'm still updating it based on comments. Unless you're talking about the one I'm working on, in which case it's going well and in progress.

Joe667 said:

DoomGuy: Heh. The status of my map is finished, but I'm still updating it based on comments. Unless you're talking about the one I'm working on, in which case it's going well and in progress.

I was referring to the first map you submitted as well as the other one lol. That's good to hear that they are in progress. Keep at it.

New 3 map wad coming soon
"Torment" is the title
I finished it awhile ago but oh well

After I release it, then I will start taking in maps

Just wondering, how many maps do we have with this project so far? Are we waiting on any new submissions?

Heh, soz.

Ok. Anyway, sorry I haven't posted anything to this thread in a while, I've just been caught up with other projects and stuff.

About my anticipated Deathmatch level: It's cancelled. It just ended up being a mess, which is pretty much the way all my ZDoom levels go. :(

I have a few ideas for my Party like It's 1996! level, and don't worry, I won't just keep updating that and doing nothing else.

Hope this project can take off again!

Breezeep said:

Just wondering, are custom textures allowed?

Yes I think they are allowed, but I would recommend not using shitty custom textures. I personally like some of the original Doom textures over most custom textures.

doomguy93 said:

Yes I think they are allowed, but I would recommend not using shitty custom textures. I personally like some of the original Doom textures over most custom textures.

But what about Gothic Textures and community chest 4 tex?

Breezeep said:

But what about Gothic Textures and community chest 4 tex?

Gothic textures are fine. I don't know what the textures from community chest 4 are like.

doomguy93 said:

I personally like some of the original Doom textures over most custom textures.

Agreed! They really should have kept some of the textures from the original.

I suppose this would be okay to use?

Joe667 said:

Agreed! They really should have kept some of the textures from the original.

I suppose this would be okay to use?

That's fine too. Doom 1 textures are good to use for Doom 2.

So how many maps do you guys have so far? Anyone mind throwing a beta my way? I might be able to offer some helpful advice.

Doomkid said:

So how many maps do you guys have so far? Anyone mind throwing a beta my way? I might be able to offer some helpful advice.

I think we have about 5 maps so far? If I remember correctly, I believe DoomRenegade said he might now be using some of his maps in this project (?)

I still have to give the updated versions of my 2 maps for this DM wad.

hey, dunno if this is interesting for you.

i've created (and actually finished) a very small (4 players max) deathmatch map for doom recently. it's a homage to q3dm1 arena gate from quake3.

you can check it out here:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/67455-q3dm1-a-re-interpretation-for-doom/

here's the download link.

http://www.xup.in/dl,86497143/gate.rar/

if you want to use this map in a megawad, mention my name. you may also modify the map but plz don't forget to mention my name.

zzzornbringer said:

i've created (and actually finished) a very small (4 players max) deathmatch map for doom recently. it's a homage to q3dm1 arena gate from quake3.

if you want to use this map in a megawad, mention my name. you may also modify the map but plz don't forget to mention my name.

Sweet I'll check em out asap and I'll let DoomRenegade know about these maps.

zzzornbringer said:

Oh I like this one! I think I can add it if you want

Hi! Sorry I've been gone so long, I've just been caught up in some other Doomworld stuff.
Anyway, here's a ZDoom map!

Map name: Processing Plant

Editor used: Doom Builder 2

Bugs: ...

DOWNLOAD

So, this level is so much WIP, it's only got four rooms.

The Soulsphere relies heavily on portals (they really need a better name!) and they've been a nightmare to work with alongside silent Teleporters.

If you look down after NoClipping into the nukage tank behind the Rocket launcher stairs and going up the pipe, there's a weird glitch where you can see a gap through to the nukage tank.

So yeah! If anyone can help me out, that would be appreciated. I plan to flesh the thing out into a bigger base including an outside area.

The problem with me is that I tend to place too many items too close together.

If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

I have about 7 or 8 maps in total. If I run into any issues, I will use maps from my Mega wad, Achtung! Which is going to be released later on, it's gonna take a while...

Hey, does anyone here think we should make an official Nihil DM texture pack? I know Nihil's a working title (...right?...), but we could still put together a TITLEPIC, if not a placeholder.

Joe667
Your map cannot be used. It's not a UDMF map, so it won't open on GZDoom builder, the map is small, it only has two rooms... Something bigger and something I use, I can't use maps like this that aren't UDMF

DoomRenegade said:

Your map cannot be used. It's not a UDMF map, so it won't open on GZDoom builder...

Well, I was going to scrap it anyway (YES AGAIN) and work on something less overcomplicated, but I don't understand why you can't open it. It was made in Hexen format - I am completely unfamiliar with UDMF. :/

the map is small, it only has two rooms... Something bigger and something I use...

As mentioned, it's in a (now-permanent) WIP state.

I'll try not to be so lazy next time. :)

I would HIGHLY suggest that you keep these maps in Vanilla Doom, not UDMF.

I'll echo DG here - UDMF is a fun format to work in, but you'll be cutting off a great deal of deathmatchers (zdaemon, vanilla, legacy etc) by keeping it this way, and that really would be a shame.

Like Doomguy said, vanilla doom is the best option, I don't like messing with maps like this, even though Doomkid said it would be a good thing, I would highly suggest a conversion, cause this stuff is weird :/

That's a pretty cool map right there Joe-ilya. My one complaint would be that the trees get in the way, I would probably remove them, or perhaps expand the arena a little to accomidate them. Overall though, nice arena-style map.

With a little bit of editing, Joe-ilya's map can be ideal for dueling or 4 player DM.