Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Unholy Realms TAS Demo

Hock and I decided to start a tool assisted demo for Unholy Realms (ur_final.wad). Hock already did map01 in 7 seconds which is attached here. If anyone wants to record nomonsters demos showing the routes or make trick suggestions (like in the old PRCP tas thread) then that would be great.

ur01.zip

Map 1 in 7, what? What about the strafejump route? Should be more like 4 (I did 7 non-TAS with this route, heh). Here's run I started (plays back with old ur_final, desyncs with latest urdpfix).

Map 1 in 5 here, but it's .40 and 4 just has to be possible somehow (more wallrun possibilities maybe, better jump/imp handling, .000000 coordinate boosts on fast doors). Map 2 is in 9, though maybe 8 is doable with extra wallruns. Map 3 is in 8, and maybe a better linedef skip is possible, but it's hard. Wouldn't be surprised with 7 too much. 4 was in 13, but it needs to be redone anyway, and I think the zombiemen on the ledge closest to the exit and maybe the final monster crowd could be handled better for 12 (as it's .49).

Feel free to use the start of this run in this thread.

By the way, I hope you're using the fixed version, and there's still an unfixed map.

Also, final question for Hock. Will that PRCP TAS he worked on ever be released?

04urwip.zip

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing everything exploited. One of the fun things about creating these routes is seeing just how quickly they're spotted, or alternatively, how long it takes for them to get cracked. UR is a weird combo of PL2-esque uber-easy tricks and routes that are just stupid to even think up. Look forward to seeing both ones in action :)

Snakes said:

One of the fun things about creating these routes is seeing just how quickly they're spotted, or alternatively, how long it takes for them to get cracked. UR is a weird combo of PL2-esque uber-easy tricks and routes that are just stupid to even think up. Look forward to seeing both ones in action :)

Yeah, I don't think I'll be spoiling any routes for UR. :)

odysseyofnoises said:

Hock has finished up to map04 now and wants advice on how to go about doing map05

I don't think there's any way of skipping the red key, but after that, go to the blue door and shoot through the window behind the blue door at the shotgun guy right next to it. Then do the normal route to the exit. At the exit walkway jump into right slime waterfall and go up through the tunnel to the glide to the exit switch.

Here's a speedrun I did non-TAS. I don't think there's any better route for TAS. Please do not upload to DSDA, as this is part of a later demo pack.

Nice looking map 1, by the way.

ur05.zip

I don't see a point in bothering with TAS if there is no definite final version for demorecording.

j4rio said:

I don't see a point in bothering with TAS if there is no definite final version for demorecording.

aaaand of course then you come in and ruin everybody's fun.

AFAIK, Map23 is the only "incomplete" map remaining. Still contemplating the finalization of it.

odysseyofnoises said:

On map05, is it faster to grab the ssg and kill the mancubus or wait for it to leave the switch room?

I think TAS should be fast enough to take the SSG anyway while you're waiting for the mancubus door to go down; at worst, you shouldn't lose too much time. It's probably going to be useful later on regardless. Hard to say which one is faster, though. If you could get the other monsters to shoot the manc enough that you could get it down in two SSG shots, maybe that would be faster. Otherwise, I feel like getting it out seems better. In any case, I feel that the best way to find out something like this is to test it.

odysseyofnoises said:

On map05, is it faster to grab the ssg and kill the mancubus or wait for it to leave the switch room?

for me this already desync on map3 or 4 forgot now, either with the ur-old and the urold+ur-patch wad

blob1024 said:

for me this already desync on map3 or 4 forgot now, either with the ur-old and the urold+ur-patch wad

Try downloading urdpfix again. Map 4 is the one that was changed in the latest version.