Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

A wad that was posted here recently, I lost track of the thread though it was a Darkening E2 take on the first level of Pcorf's Death Tormention..

Ok - so I'll tell you the one I'd like to find again but I can't remember what it was - the author created "ghosts" by killing sergeants
under a door (i think it was a door) then having a hidden archvile bring them back to life, but because they were under the door they were turned into ghosts. It was pretty cool

I'd honestly like to say that I could remember more but aside from being a mostly indoor type of map and rather large not much

OH - and this MIGHT help - it was a LONG time ago - easily 10 years. I actually think it was the first map to utilize that trick

Well have you checked my link? That map is from 1995.
If that's not it, it might be a good idea to ask ZDoom developers actually. I believe they maintain a database of levels that exploit that bug for compatibility purposes.

Good thinking Memfis, that info is actually in zdoom.pk3

// Arch-Vile ghost monster effect is used by the following maps
145C4DFCF843F2B92C73036BA0E1D98A // Hell Revealed map26
5379C080299EB961792B50AD96821543 // Hell to Pay map14
7837B5334A277F107515D649BCEFB682 // Hell to Pay map22
2EEB1E12FA9F9545DE9D99990A4A78E5 // Icarus map24
65A53A09A09525AE42EA210BF879CD37 // Plutonia 2 map32
2499CF9A9351BE9BC4E9C66FC9F291A7 // Requiem map23
3CA5493FEFF2E27BFD4181E6C4A3C2BF // The Waterfront map01
CBDFEFAC579A62DE8F1B48CA4A09D381 // gather2.wad map05 and darkside.wad map01
C7A2FAFB0AFB2632C50AD625CDB50E51 // Reverie map18

Impie said:

This immediately made me think of Vaults. You start the mod by escaping from your cell into a large sewer maze, and the landscape outside is entirely badlands. If that isn't it, I dunno which mod you played.

Definitely wasn't Vaults, I know that one pretty well. The WAD I'm thinking of had the sewer and the badlands as separate maps and IIRC the sewer part was fairly small. It wasn't as puzzle-oriented as Vaults and there were fewer different environments (only sewer, badlands, ice as I recall.)

i am looking for a wad that i believe is 32 levels that is based off of regular JUMPING, not rocket jumping.

If i'm not mistaken, it runs in skulltag. any ideas?

P.S: i'd also like to know if rocket jump extreme is going to be on idGames.

Memfis said:

Jumpmaze most likely.

found it and jumpix!!

but i'm having trouble running jumpmaze outside of skulltag and can't run scripts for jumpix at all.

I need some quick help, I'm not looking for a specific wad, I'm just looking for a download link. The map is called Hordes by Carnevil, it was intended to be a slaughter map type of thing specifically using Skulltag's monsters and power-ups, does anyone here have this wad lying somewhere on their hard drives?! :)

VVL said:

thanks a ton!! i'll be sure to try it out!!

http://www.4shared.com/zip/qNXz1d4r/idoom.html - this link on the project page is dead.

in addition, idk why these haven't been submitted to idGames yet. there's a lot of insanity in these. Great with a weapons mod, somewhat playable on easier levels.

I'll try again,some of it may be too vague,but here goes:

-the first episode had a night sky.

-it had a custom STBAR.

-the first level started in a mountain.

-there was a level where you kill a icon of sin by hitting a switch inside a room with a mirror in front of him(I'm not sure if it's the boom translucent type windows or just a midtexture).

-it included both base and hell levels.

-i remember loading the first level on doom95.

I think I'm confusing the icon of sin fight with another wad,but if anyone remembers anything similar,I'm thankful!

EDIT:nevermind,I found it.

Okay, so I'm looking for a pack of about 15 (or maybe more) deathmatch levels that all had an entryway-like visual scheme. It was definitely intended for deathmatch, but each map had monsters. The pistol made the shotgun sound, with the reload bit cut off.

I understand this description is vague - so I've actually attempted to remake two of the maps that stick out the most in my mind: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i65kz3am6g3hn6i/dk_hopin.wad

There was definitely another map in here that was outdoors with a Cyberdemon battle, though the memory is too vague to accurately replicate it. (Last time I played this WAD I was probably like 7 years old)

If ANYONE out there has any bells rung by this, please give me a shout. Im sure it would have been created or 1995/1996, and that would have been about the last time I saw it too..

When/if I find this, it'l be my last "childhood doom mystery" solved! (Other than finding info on Xdoom, which as I recall, was a very early source port)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Curious if anyone still has the original montana.wad, for historical curio purposes.

I'm looking for two DOOM 9-level episodes called "Urban Wars" and "Alien Doom". "Urban Wars" first map starts on a roof terrace with a big red cross on the floor. "Alien Doom" starts in a bright silverish shining room with two doors. The right door leads to a corridor which has another door at it's end with a pool of poison behind. Maybe someone can help finding them.

URBNWARS.WAD was all over shovel CDs at the time but often in a demo form - maybe its commercial nature prevents it getting added to the archives?

@Memfis
Now I understand. Allthough DOOM's episode one is called "Urban Wars" it's just one map only. Thanks for your help!

Some time ago, I remember a map made posibly by a TNT member, it was announced in the main page. At the very start of the map you heard a voice like "Beware of something..." and the map itself was like a cyberspace map, anybody remember it?

I'm looking for the darkwave## wads besides the two that are already available on DSDA. I think some were posted on the Newdoom forums and at least one on the French forum but all links seem to be dead unfortunately.