Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

Not sure if anyone reads this, but I found a bug in Map18, or at least in Zdoom. For some reason, monsters from sectors 67, 73 and 85 weren't all released into the playable areas. See the screenshot.

^ This is something I've also noticed but I didn't ever report bugs like these by my fault of believing 1. it just happened by mistake of me playing the map 2. there are still multiple areas I didn't discover. I was definitely wrong.

i've figured out the mistakes there, and will fix it real soon, so expect an update.

(if anyone wants to know it's because I accidentally made the sectors for the dirt road the same, which screws up the teleports.)

Alright, I've compiled all the fixed maps I got into the main wad file. Now I'll just wait for Getsu Fune to fix that small bug in map 18, and once I've got that, I'll release the third (and probably final) beta.

Okay, here are some more issues I encountered when playing in Zdoom 2.8pre-417:

-Map27: five sectors (1223 to 1226 and 120) shouldn't be tagged as secret. On a side note, there are at least three unreachable secrets, namely sectors 22, 191 and 216. Or are we supposed to use archvile jump (the author seems to have archvile fetish)?

-Map29: it is damn near impossible to jump the gap between sectors 30 and 76, even with strafe running. Make it at least 64 units narrower. Also, it is annoying you have to run over -20%/sec lava to the nearest teleporter when you wish to get back.

-Map29: there is no way to open sector 414 once you're inside the secret room (sector 58), thus you can become trapped.

-Map29: hanging corpse (thing 1751) moves down with secret door (sector 756). Is it supposed to do that? See screenshot below.

-Map29: you can run around linedefs 3967 and 4240 that trigger the yellow key trap. Thus you can avoid the fight with the spiders.

-Map29: similarly, bars in sector 512 are useless, because you can run around them via sector 144.

-Map29: add teleporters to lava pit around the red key (sector 955), few things in Doom maps are as annoying as inescapable fire pits. They could lead to the pillar in the center.

-Map29: it is somewhat annoying that the wall blocking the exit from the red key area (sector 783) rises again when you jump off the pillar. I know the linedefs (3262 etc.) are W1, but you always jump off in a slightly different direction... Not sure how to fix that, though.

-Map29: four cyberdemons (things 1001, 1005, 1665, 1666) failed to teleport into playable areas.

-Map29: is sector 614 really supposed to be secret? Shouldn't sector 912 be secret instead?

-Map29: exit door (sector 829) open for a long time, because its floor is at -448 units (instead of +448).

-Map29: there is critical shortage of ammo on UV difficulty, even when I employed monster infighting everywhere I could. Increase ammo volume at least by 15% across the entire map.

-Map30: 8 very narrow sectors are tagged as secret and can't be "found".

-Map32: the starting area is not very multiplayer-friendly, though I'm not sure how to rework it without breaking the idea...

-In most maps, Zdoom reports unconnected linedefs, missing textures etc. Check that out.

As promised, with Getsu Fune turning in his fix, here is the third beta of Five Rooms of Doom:

http://www.speedyshare.com/EjGs4/5room-beta3.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb3n5e6vnxav126/5room_beta3.zip

Changes in this beta include:
- All maps sent in with bugfixes have been included
- New images for the title screen, the credits screen and the intermission pic
- A deh patch is now included so map names will show up on the intermission screen and the automap in non-ZDoom ports

You may find the title pic and the credits pic to be meh and you wouldn't be wrong. I'm not a graphic artist, so if anyone has better pictures for those, feel free to share them. I made these because I felt an original titlepic is better than no original titlepic.

CorSair said:

Aand my completely new map for the project isn't there. :P
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0g8sp47yel8i3j/5rod_m25_B1.wad

Was on purpose, actually, as I wasn't sure what to do with it yet. I personally don't think there was anything wrong with the original Infinity Nexus, and it'd be a shame to see it go unused. So I was actually going to ask you if you were fine with one of the two becoming a secret map 33 or something, either the original one or the new one, that's up to you.

Well, I made some changes to my map, adding a third Cyberdemon and more monsters, but it didn't seem to improve anything, so I guess I've got nothing more to add to Five Rooms Of Doom. Was fun ya'll. I'll keep the thread subscribed.

Keeper of Jericho said:

Was on purpose, actually, as I wasn't sure what to do with it yet. I personally don't think there was anything wrong with the original Infinity Nexus, and it'd be a shame to see it go unused. So I was actually going to ask you if you were fine with one of the two becoming a secret map 33 or something, either the original one or the new one, that's up to you.

I did have second version. I dunno what fixes that had, but guess there was some architectural "improvements".
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gi7d9tqxtyxs3j/5rod-map25_original.wad

As for the new one... It is a lot different, even with same concept. I think it is best that I keep it for myself. I'll make some use of it, sooner or later.

So I had some time and started through this. This is the first half, including maps 31 and 32. I only made notes on things that I noticed, or bothered me. Some maps are perfectly fine the way they are.

---------------
General notes
---------------
I really like most of the levels. Some great texturing. Some very creative uses of the theme. Some levels are well-thought out, some not so much. Just like most megawads.

---
Will there be replacement music for D_DM2TTL, D_DM2INT and D_READ_M?

---
So the Baron has been replaced with a pinker version of the Lord of Heresy. Since there's no DECORATE or DEHACKED changes, it's just the sprites. He's not tougher, he just looks different. Okay. Since his sprites are wider than the Baron's, I can see where his wings might poke through bar and window textures if he's not placed carefully.

---
There are two MAPINFO entries in the wad. One of them is empty.

The other MAPINFO has a first line map definition that I haven't seen before.

Normal mapdef is
map MAP01 lookup "HUSTR_1"
or map MAP01 "Hangar 14"

This has
map MAP01 lookup "Hangar 14"

ZDoom seems to accept it, but I'm not sure why. There is no variable called "Hangar 14"

---
There are some duplicated textures/floors/markers in the wad.

AASHITTY wall and marker
BRIKGTH5 wall and floor
METAL_D wall and floor
METLN_54 wall and floor
METLN_55 wall and floor
SKSNAKE3 wall and floor
SKSNAKE4 wall and floor and marker
SKSPINE3 wall and floor (floor is 256x96 and is the walls SKSPINE3 and SKSPINE4 combined)
TEKGRY10 wall and floor

ZDoom is fine using the same named texture for walls and floors. I'm not sure about other ports.

-------
MAP03
-------
Four shells suddenly appear as you lower your starting platform. Too close to the platform.

http://i.imgur.com/zgYnUkb.png

---
Misaligned texture sector 80, the chaingunner in the hall cage. BRNSML1 was set x+54 to align the TANROCK5 above it.

http://i.imgur.com/UH8Fz6A.png

---
The two Spectres in the nukage near the sector tag 5 bridge that rises to access the Blue Key - I don't know why they're there. They're no threat and there's no reason to kill them. They probably won't be on the bridge when it rises and there's no reason to jump down into the nukage (no goodies to grab). Suggest making line 513, the far end of the bridge a W1 to raise the level of the nukage to floor level so they can attack you, or adding some helmets or healing to the nukage on either side so you have to jump down into it.

---
How do you get the Soul Sphere secret without jumping? Can't run, can't strafe-run, the column doesn't lower. Wait. Is this that rare trick of running plus mouse-movement-running to get that little extra distance? I remember that in a Hexen map once. I hate that trick.

-------
MAP05
-------
Blue Key Door has no color indicator that it requires the Blue Key.

---
In the big northern room TLITE_6 is used for floors and ceilings in the 4 side alcoves and the central Cyber area. The half-cutoff lights at the edges look odd. Looks like the author started to correct it in one of the alcoves by making separate small triangular sectors at the edges, but he stopped.

---
Floating Medkits in the two secrets. They only float when you open the door. Obviously, placed too close to the door.

http://i.imgur.com/eUtjEOW.png

Also, misaligned textures inside the shelves of the eastern secret.

Also2, the two secrets register as 4 secrets. The lighting sector in each one is tagged as secret.

---
There are seven ceiling light sources in the Blue Key Door Room. They are oddly placed. And the seventh is not recessed like the other six.

http://i.imgur.com/L4u8qke.png
http://i.imgur.com/7cExrYx.png

If partially cut-off light tiles are generally acceptable, then ignore the previous note about TLITE_6.

-------
MAP07
-------
Can't be finished in ZDoom. Tag 666 and tag 667 don't work because 'map07special' line not in MAPINFO under MAP07. ZDoom will use some default entries if an incomplete MAPINFO is used. Not this entry.

-------
MAP09
-------
The lift, sector tag 2, is tagged on all four sides to lower, so you don't need the switch behind the Hell Knight (which is half underwater anyway). Suggest removing the switch and putting something else there; a Stimpack or a Medkit maybe.

---
Some odd texture choices. The blocking pillar, sector tag 3 - the top is GRAYSLM2. If you want it to blend in with the floor when it lowers, make it taller so you can't see the top. The bars, sector tag 4 - BIGBRIK2? Every other blocking item in the level is a variation of silver SUPPORT texture. The switch, linedeg tag 7, also has a GRAYSLM2 top. So, everything in the level being grey was a design choice? Interesting experiment, but I'm not sure it's successful.

---
Was the exit room door set as half-open so it wouldn't be counted as a separate room? Exit door texture looks odd because if the door were fully closed, the texture wouldn't tile correctly. DOORHI, DOORMET2, DOORSTOV, SPCDOOR 2 3 or B, even GRAYPAN1 would fit better.

-------
MAP14
-------
The Arachno in the room NE of the Red Key - when the door opens he turns sideways, gets stuck and can't attack. He fits exactly between the walls. There's no room for him to get out.

http://i.imgur.com/eJ75jaP.png

---
The switch to open the secret - too hidden. I don't know what there is to indicate that the MIDBRONZ texture next to the door is a switch. There's no hint. It's not even unique to the map. There is another MIDBRONZ you see earlier. Either of the bookcases would make more sense as a switch (although if it's the rounded bookcase, you could probably make the switch SR Open/Close (and the texturing on the rounded bookcase could certainly wrap better)), the wall behind the Blue Key could hide a switch, even the Impaled Body in the room with the Lost Souls at the bottom of the lift could be used as a switch (again SR Open/Close. Forces you to time the lift to make it).

-------
MAP15
-------
There's an unknown object in the T-intersection just outside the hidden BFG closet, type 32000. There's no DECORATE in the wad, so is this a leftover object from testing?

---
I wasn't sure what to do after the sector tag 5 door opened and everything was dead. I didn't realize that sector tags 3 and 4 were lifts. The textures line up with the walls perfectly. Maybe SUPPORT3 or BROWNHUG on the front instead.

---
When you grab the Blue Key, a Hell Knight appears in the hall outside the closed Blue Key Bars. He's useless. You've already grabbed a Berserk, so you can punch him through the bars at no risk. Suggest he be released when you open the Blue Key Bars.

---
In the room with the Yellow Key, there are two linedefs at the entrance which close the Yellow Key Bars. Not sure why. I hit the second one on the way out after I had opened the bars. They closed and I was able to punch whatever was left in the room through the bars.

---
In the room with the Red Key, the steps aren't wide enough for the Demons to climb all the way to attack you. Easy kills (well, easy compared to the Cyber shooting you from behind).

---
You can grab the Red Key without crossing the linedefs which release the Demons, the Revenants, the Hell Knights and the Cyber. Objects are always aligned at 90 degree horizontal and vertical, regardless of the sector they're sitting on. Suggest moving the vertices of the column so it conforms with the shape of the Red Key, and make it a little bit bigger than the Red Key. You can also grab the Blue and Yellow keys that way too, but it's a lot harder with monsters attacking you.

---
BTW, the previous Hell Knights are released in the center room with the Cyber. They're also mostly useless. It takes a while to get out of the Red Key Room. They always come to the window and the Cyber kills them before I get to the center room.

---
Linedef tag 13, the switch to open the first part of the secret exit - there is nothing that makes that light different from the other lights in the courtyard. It's not dimmer or brighter; it doesn't have more or less lights, it isn't flashing, the lit wall sector above it isn't flashing, the top of the light isn't a different texture. It's WAY too hidden. Making the lights red like the other secret indicators would be too obvious, but it needs some kind of hint. The same is true of linedef tag 16, which opens the second part of the secret exit. The wall texture matches perfectly. There's no hint. The secret exit should be non-intuitive and hard to find, not impossible.

---
Why does finding the secret exit count as three secrets? Two sectors before the teleport, and one in the secret exit room. Not necessary.

---
After playing the level, I understand why you get a Berserk right at the start. There is NO ammo in the level. There's a BFG and two Energy Cells (just enough to kill the Cyber at close range). That's it, except for what the Troopers drop. Wasn't expecting to punch so much to conserve ammo halfway through a wad. That's different. I like it. Well done.

-------
MAP16
-------
When you move around it, you can see that the stair support goes below ground. The problem is, the front step is already at ground level, so anything that extends in front of the step will be below ground.

http://i.imgur.com/WybwTLf.png

---
Sector tag 29, the secret Plasma Gun - I didn't see it specified anywhere, but I just assumed the wad was nojump and nocrouch. Someone may want to add that to the MAPINFO. If you grab the Plasma Gun and ride the lift up while crouching, you're stuck inside the space at the top of the column with no way out. Don't know why you'd want to do that, but you could.

EDIT: Stupid new ergonomic keyboard. Stupid fat fingers. Stupid line formatting in flat text files in stupid Windows 8.1

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

-------
MAP16
-------
When you move around it, you can see that the stair support goes below ground. The problem is, the front step is already at ground level, so anything that extends in front of the step will be below ground.

http://i.imgur.com/WybwTLf.png

That can be cured easily if one makes a subsector to one side of the linedef and raises/lowers its light level by 1 unit.

Some pretty good maps in here. But I did have some problems in skulltag which claimed that some maps (02, 16, 27) did not have a back sector to a line (block does not touch the next block). These maps run fine in Zdoom.

I feel that the music in MAP24 need to be changed. I would even consider changing the MAP19 music as well. Just my opinion.

MAP32 was designed for single player in mind, I did not include a player 2, 3 or 4 start. But the 2-3-4 start could be placed into the first main room.

Loved MAP16, what a beautiful map. Uses my favorite song from Hexen too "My servants can smell your blood, Human"

After almost two years since I've built my maps I've just played them again and few times and yea I guess that 19&24's musics don't fit.
map 19's music should be doom e1m8's music- sign of evil, map 24's new music should be tnt's map 13/29- death's bells

ForeverViLe said:

After almost two years since I've built my maps I've just played them again and few times and yea I guess that 19&24's musics don't fit.
map 19's music should be doom e1m8's music- sign of evil, map 24's new music should be tnt's map 13/29- death's bells

MAP24 is very Hell Revealed-like. Maybe something catchy from ROTT would fit in. Even the song in MAP19 would go better in MAP24.

Went through first 8 maps. Surprisingly easy ones. MAP07 is terribly buggy, with missing 666 and 667 tags, which makes the map impossible without cheating. MAP08's music was so sad that I was almost looking for some antidepressants. But I loved it.

My map is worse than I remembered, still glad you like it!

Here I go with Blackfire's newest version to be included. I barely managed to make all those bastards teleport in every difficulty level. Also, checkered "unknown texture" phenomenon would better now disappear completely from this damn friggin' level already.

Cell said:

Here I go with Blackfire's newest version to be included. I barely managed to make all those bastards teleport in every difficulty level. Also, checkered "unknown texture" phenomenon would better now disappear completely from this damn friggin' level already.

-------
MAP17
-------
10 monsters from the closets never teleported in. They're all tagged as deaf; the 5 Mancubi, the AV, the 2 Arachnos, the Revenant and the Imp.

---
When you trip linedef tag 20 in the exit room, it starts the crusher in a monster closet. Since the columns sector in that closet is joined with the east door sector in the starting room, that door opens to random heights depending on the height of the crusher. I only noticed it when I went monster and secret hunting after I killed everything else. It doesn't affect gameplay at all at this point in the playthrough, it's just an odd door behavior. Like in the first version of this map, when that door would keep opening and closing as if there were something stuck under it. Not a bug. A quirk.

---
The Caco in the exit room is kind of useless. You can shoot him between the bars before even entering the room.

---
Not a bug, just a personal pet peeve: when you find a secret in a map and it automatically leads to a second secret. I know Doom had them all over the place, I've just never liked them. Here, if you find the hidden switch, linedef tag 26, you access a secret area full of Potions, Helmets, a Computer Map and ammo. At the end is a teleport. Take the teleport and you land in another secret with a Megasphere and a BFG. If the first teleport were blocked off and needed another hidden switch somewhere to open, that's different; you have to expend some effort to find the second secret. I've just always found the lack of additional required work annoying. Okay. End of mini-rant.

---
BTW, playing this level, I completely forgot this megawad is called "5 Rooms". Outstanding map. Also one of the few times I've seen lava glow brightly enough without the ceiling also being unnaturally bright. Except in the starting room. Was that intentional?

Okay, I corrected. Also, the starting room was intentional to be so, since it has a ceiling light.

Cell said:

Also, the starting room was intentional to be so, since it has a ceiling light.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if the ceiling light was intended to spill light to the ceiling around it, or just illuminate the pad under it, more like a beam projector, pointing out that the pad is brighter than the lava.

Love the new secret switch. Thank you.

Also just noticed the Exit sign texture. Very nice. Is that like an 'author's signature'; something you do all the time?

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Also just noticed the Exit sign texture. Very nice. Is that like an 'author's signature'; something you do all the time?

It's the first time I've ever done something like that. Since reversed Exit sign isn't featured in the CC4 texture list, I've created one in Paint by dividing all 32 units by one and giving them offsets in reverse order (also seen on the goth texture atop it). I've done the same with the black building's inside wall on which the blue skull is - since the tiling of GSTONE and all it's descendants minus the LION, GARG and SATYR faces (partially) isn't horizontally symmetrical, I've used this method to completely match the "outtaken bricks" pattern. Of course it was a lot of work with many vertexes and different offsets - when somebody presses "A", all the texturing goes mad.

Finally finished this. If I didn't mention a map, it means no bugs or errors jumped out at me. Good stuff. Some really nice maps in here.

-------
MAP19
-------
The hidden switch to access the secrets - WAY too hidden. The METAL texture exactly matches the other three sides. Suggest changing it to SW1GARG set at x-16 to give a blank metal side with no rivets. This also has the added bonus of making a sound when the switch is used.

---
A lot of the METAL textures are not aligned very well. Rivets on corners, unbalanced rivets; I thought the NW corner of the center room was a hint to a secret because it looks nothing like the other three corners.

http://i.imgur.com/m4AQxTJ.png

---
What is the purpose of the two Lost Souls behind the bars in the exit room? They can't attack you.

---
There is an unknown object in the exit room on the east side, type 32000. A camera, I think. Just a clean-up issue.

-------
MAP22
-------
Started this level on UV. Kept dying quickly. Re-started on Easy. NOT from pistol start. Gave myself full ammo. Didn't die as quickly. Made it to the first room. Lost interest in this map after 10 seconds when I couldn't see what was shooting at me from across the room. Found the west room. Dozens of Imps shooting at me. Ran as fast as I could through this room. Got to the Yellow Key Room. Two dozen Hell Knights shooting at me. Found some impassable linedefs in the NE corner of the eastern room. Really? Like the level isn't hard enough? Forget it. Went to God mode. Finally able to strafe-run past the impassable linedefs. Also, some blood in the east room is damaging but other blood isn't? WTF? I'm surprised all the ice in the map wasn't tagged Low Friction, too. Final room. That lovely saying on the ground didn't show up on the automap. Must be a ZDoom issue. The last room is outside, but it's just as dark as the first inside room. Couldn't see what was shooting at me. Hit the switches and got the hell out. Must have saved a hundred times. Has anybody legally finished this map on UV? I will say it's one of the prettier slaughtermaps I've seen.

-------
MAP23
-------
You start out standing in front of a teleport pad, at least according to the automap. None of the teleport linedefs work. According to an editor, they all have valid teleport locations, so they should. No idea what's wrong.

-------
MAP24
-------
Geez, how many slaughtermaps are in this thing?

The Spiderboss is useless. It dies within about a minute from crossfire. Maybe have it appear after you grab the Blue Key, or better, when you go through the Blue Key door. There's an unused linedef right there just made for teleporting in a Spiderboss.

-------
MAP25
-------
Some visual errors that I'm not sure can be fixed because of the 'see-through' way objects were built.

View from the Shotgun in the starting castle courtayrd

http://i.imgur.com/B79RPTG.png

from the Green Armor

http://i.imgur.com/6IqYwQw.png

from right next to the Red Key teleport

http://i.imgur.com/WcqVsr5.png
http://i.imgur.com/qeaVdOY.png

from the Hell Knight platform

http://i.imgur.com/M92kJT3.png

-------
MAP26
-------
Like the visual references to E2M8. Nice.

---
The outside Blue and Yellow Key areas are tagged as 'Monster Block'. After I had taken care of all the Lost Souls inside the building, I came outside and saw at least a dozen Lost Souls on each side, stuck in those areas. Not sure how to fix that.

---
Linedef tags 11, the switches for the Soul Sphere secret - there's no hint; nothing to indicate that column is different from any of the others. Instead of tagging all four sides, suggest tagging just the south side, between the columns. And instead of tagging the SUPP308A texture (which doesn't make a sound or visually change), flip the SW2GOTH linedef and use the actual switch texture. Also change it to SW1GOTH as a hint. Kind of like this.

http://i.imgur.com/UbuU3aA.png

---
Sector tag 11, the door to the Soul Sphere secret - the door track is not tagged as lower unpegged, so the MARBVTN2 texture moves. The door frame textures are also not aligned. If the door closes while you're inside the room, you're stuck. The inside of the door needs to be tagged DR Open/Close.

---
Suggest some sort of key color indicators on the switch pylon so you know which side uses which key. Even if it's just one colored skull on each side. Maybe centered on top like a police light, or in the center of a step. Maybe something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/MKzFqTU.png

---
Suggest tagging the exit linedef as 'Monster Block'. I hit the AV with two rockets and knocked him out of the building.

---
Slight wall mis-alignment right at the exit because of the ceiling drop for the exit sign.

http://i.imgur.com/c2mjUIT.png

-------
MAP27
-------
With monsters coming in waves like they do, it feels like a Skulltag map.

---
Right around the starting spot are a lot of sectors tagged 31, which is a missing linedef. Not sure what was intended there. Maybe it's just a clean-up issue.

---
Sector 1227, sector tag 10, is tagged secret. There are five secrets on the back wall of this sector also tagged secret because they inherited that property when they were drawn. The middle of these five sectors, sector 1225, also has a missing frontside upper texture.

---
Sector 22, tagged secret with the Cell Packs, looks like it might be an AV jump or a rocket jump. Is that right?

---
Sector 216 is tagged as secret and has a megasphere and a teleport landing spot, but has no sector tag. A missing teleport linedef? Or another AV/rocket jump?

---
Sector 247, the Blue Armor secret; the floor is higher than the nearest platform, so can't strafe-run. Yet another rocket jump? SR50? Run + Mouse-run?

---
Sector 191, the BFG secret; is that really a backwards-running-through-damaging-lava rocket jump across a lava pit? That's insane.

---
The false exit, sector tag 27, is very obviously not the real exit because the edges of the pit don't show up red on the automap. The only way to fix that is to tag all the edges of the pit as something like D1 OpenRedStayOpen, but then you'd have to find another way to raise the pit. I suppose you could tag all the current linedef edges of the pit invisible and add a second set of linedefs one unit away from the other ones, tagged D1 OpenRedStayOpen.

---
After all this, a death exit? Wow.

-------
MAP28
-------
The Yellow Key area is the only one where the gate back is not barred after you come through it. I guess the horde of Hell Knights appearing at the bottom of the stairs counts as bars, huh?

---
Missing textures right at the exit. It's looking for 'WOOD8!'

http://i.imgur.com/pqFUpKI.png

-------
MAP29
-------
Couldn't make the run across the space from the center area to the eastern hall. Is this that 'run + mouse run' trick again? Didn't want to change my ZDoom mouse settings, so I jumped it.

---
Missing textures on the southern wall of the Blue Key room. It's looking for 'SUPP4B S'. I've seen this error before with lump names when moving entries with XWE, but never inside a map.

http://i.imgur.com/auTzQgm.png

---
Finding the switch, linedef tag 23, is a secret, and then finding what the switch does, access to the Soul Spheres and Blue Armors, is also a secret. So you get two secrets for finding one switch? Always had a problem with two-fers. I don't think finding the switch should be a secret unless there's also some other goodies in the hidden room. Maybe that switch should be hidden, too.

---
I walked up to the bars blocking the Red Key and scored a secret. WTF? Isn't the Red Key necessary to finish the level?

---
So there are two different teleports to get to the platform run with the Chaingunners at the south end of the west room; one teleport is secret and one isn't. I repeat: WTF? Seems like a silly waste of 'a room' when you only have five to work with.

---
Hanging body is too close to the hidden wall that drops, sector tag 44.

http://i.imgur.com/QwJTsph.png

---
Line 5370, the 3-unit long line just inside the previous wall, has the texture on the front side, but the line is facing the wrong way.

http://i.imgur.com/gJTH5Ai.png

---
Missing textures on either side of the doorway, which is the second sector tag 44.

http://i.imgur.com/sfvSnXA.png

---
Two Arachnos never teleported in from their closet, linedef tag 63. The distance from their teleport linedef to the wall is 64 units. Arachnos are 128 units wide. Over half of a monster has to cross a linedef to teleport. Room needs to be lengthened like the others. Someone said this was a ZDoom issue. Don't know.

http://i.imgur.com/SphaMDF.png

---
Two Cybers never teleported into the west room. All the teleport sectors, tag 59, are joined. Shooting the last switch drops the floors from 456 to 416, giving the teleport sectors a height of 64. That's barely enough room for the Hell Knights, Revenants and Cacos, but nowhere near enough height for the Cybers.

http://i.imgur.com/QWRBQ0w.png

---
Even subtracting the previous four monsters, I was 31 short of 100% kills. Found out why in an editor. A bunch never teleported in because I never crossed the linedef that released them, linedef
tag 43. Why? Because that linedef is across the lava in front of the Yellow Key. Not being an idiot, I didn't walk across the lava to get the Yellow Key. I walked around the edge of the lava by the
boxes of Rockets, grabbed the key and walked out the other way, grabbing the Medikits.

http://i.imgur.com/LZ0xcrh.png

Need to move the key into some sort of niche or alcove area at the back of this pool; an area with only one way in with the linedefs in front of it. Or simplify the entrance to this pool so you can move the triggers there without having multiple W1 linedefs.

---
Linedef tag 43 also raises bars blocking the stairs and a switch to lower the bars. The bars are useless. You can walk around them from either side.

http://i.imgur.com/rCdvRJg.png
http://i.imgur.com/sOX2jxW.png

-------
MAP30
-------
Each player start has a secret room, but the two small wall sectors adjacent to each secret are also tagged secret. They inherited the secret tag when they were drawn. So, there are 12 secrets in the map when there should only be 4.

---
If you find the secret, you can finish the map in under two minutes without taking any damage. If you don't find the secret, you can still finish in under two minutes without taking damage. If you have crosshairs and freelook, you can kill the Icon from the blood rings before you get to the ice. Fire your rockets and run to avoid the attack missiles of the Revenants, Hell Knights and Imps you activated, until the missiles hit. Because of the distance, you can run and see your rockets hit from a 90 degree angle. That is cool.

I'm not sure of the reason for the hundreds of monsters except to slow your computer to a crawl in a Nuts-like manner when they all fire missiles at you. I've got a 3.4 Ghz computer with 16Gb of RAM and I had a slight slowdown the first time through. At first I assumed the monsters were replacing the Spawners. I thought, "That's different", but then the Spawners activated and I saw where the Icon was. So I don't understand why the map is drawn and detailed as nicely as it is, when you don't need to explore any of it.

ugh, i have to fix map 30 don't i? the framerate issues you are experiencing are due my past incompetence, aka too many verticles: they are everywhere.
i made some changes: but while map 22 is ready and i only have to upload it (if i didn't already, have to check), map 30 is a mess, the mechanism fo raising the platforms to the ios level is way too abscure, and the 4 copies of the starting rooms are pointless (also i have to reduce the spawners, after a couple of minutes they start to spawn way too many monsters), beside i have cleaned a lot of verticles from the map itself, but it would have been easier to just redo it completely.

tl;dr. : i'm getting my ass on fixing map 30 don't worry.

Caleb13 said:

-Map32: the starting area is not very multiplayer-friendly, though I'm not sure how to rework it without breaking the idea...

Well originally the project was for single player only. But perhaps player 2, 3 and 4 starts can be added in the first main room where the Fatsos slobber around. Maybe somebody can remove the AV jump and add a staircase to the starting hallway. Very experimental map I must admit.

I guess I should fix a non-teleporting Archvile issue present AGAIN in my map. Until dat, please do not release fourth beta. I'll be quick.