Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

As did Shadow Warrior with its "Dark Woods of the Serpent" although those were supposed to be woods but that doesn't really make much of a difference.

Egregor said:

Who wants to go camping?! Bonus: Vanilla Heretic!

http://imageshack.com/f/p69xAz9jp

Looks nice, seems to be the only way to make trees in the vanilla engine... a few months ago i was making a swamp in doom with threes shaped like that.
But still, You pulled off a beutifull forest in this old rendering tech.

Not exactly a screenshot, more of an experiment how tiny I can make things in pixel art and still have them be recognizable. I present to you, 32x24 E1M1. No screenshot resizing done here, this thing was drawn entirely pixel by pixel.

(Resized to 128x96 to make it actually visible:)

A few other graphics (done with -devparm in Chocolate Doom):

I watched a small gameplay video with 4 PWADs. One of the included ones was (in)famous Mock 2. I thought of it when I saw that exit on this20-something map of Doom II.

Nice picture in that Monster Condo. The demons know some good Earth art. ;)

Eris: I did that exact same thing with that exact same weapon on MAP12 of Rush with the fire teleporting.

Some more '03 style slaughter map:

Spoiler

Slow progress, due to cross country and procrastination

I decided to do some experimenting concerning recoloring textures and stuff. Doom 2 excludes ASHWALL from the Ultimate Doom IWAD, giving us ASHWALL2, *3 and *4 instead. Since I've always thought ASHWALL to be quite monotonius (is the exact same texture as the FLOOR6_2 flat, only doubled vertically), I chose to redo ASHWALL3 in gray, so I remapped its colors with the schematic help of ASHWALL2 and ASHWALL4. Things didn't go the same way as expected, since the two latter aren't exactly the same texture with only different colours (ASHWALL2 is more meticulous and has some pixels the "wrong way" according to *4), it made me think quite a few times which colour to remap to which, but I've gotten to a desired result, remapping ASHWALL4 as well in the process. Then I took a glance at the gray ASHWALL3 and suddenly it crossed my mind: it's actually tiling in itself! So, why didn't I simply grab ASHWALL2, copy it three more times to make a 2x2 rectangle out of them and shrink it by 50%? The answer is, after I've actually done it, came to me to see it with my own eyes. This sure doesn't edge FLOOR6_2 properly at all.

From left to right: 1. gray "ASHWALL3" 2. the outcome of the second method I've used 3. the same done with the nonproperly remapped ASHWALL4. You decide which is best appealing to you.

Looks cool breezeep!! Some of my birthday maps have that kinda style.

Cell said:

From left to right: 1. gray "ASHWALL3" 2. the outcome of the second method I've used 3. the same done with the nonproperly remapped ASHWALL4. You decide which is best appealing to you.

The first of those looks best to me.

Have you tried just loading the textures in a graphics editor and desaturating them/converting to greyscale?

plums said:

The first of those looks best to me.

Have you tried just loading the textures in a graphics editor and desaturating them/converting to greyscale?

That'd be a deal, but my target colour is often not gray. This case, I'll have to check whether greyscale FLAT10 looks exactly like FLOOR6_2 or is brighter/darker than that. Aside, ASHWALL4 is not solely gray, it has green pixels of some kind.

Cell said:

That'd be a deal, but my target colour is often not gray.

If your target colour is a single colour band in Doom's palette, I find that it's occasionally easier to make the image greyscale, convert it into Doom's palette, and then either colourize it with a Doom palette colour, or remap the Doom greys to other palette colours with SLADE or whatever. Of course if the process that you are using works for you, no need to change it.

plums said:

If your target colour is a single colour band in Doom's palette, I find that it's occasionally easier to make the image greyscale, convert it into Doom's palette, and then either colourize it with a Doom palette colour, or remap the Doom greys to other palette colours with SLADE or whatever. Of course if the process that you are using works for you, no need to change it.

Hah! Thanks for the advice. :D

Foodles said:

Some maps that I've been working on

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5nW3QcT.png[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6d6Kl80.png[img]

Make the pictures smaller, the admins will replace it with a link to the picture if you don't do that.

The maps look exciting and heighty. Good job.

NiTROACTiVE said:

@RadTang: The first two images are of MAP21: Nirvana.

Thanks! Forgot about adding the map name.

Foodles said:

Some maps that I've been working on

Nice! How is your megawad btw, wasn't it almost done like two years ago?

Memfis said:

dhshshsjdjd who put columns in mountains???

[img]http://i.imgur.com/a7wUyPa.png[img]

The demons mark their territory like that.

And because they obviously want to take over the world anyways.

Memfis said:

dhshshsjdjd who put columns in mountains???

mmmm it makes just as much sense as the hell castles that are also in that map.

Maybe they weren't originally supposed to be mountains and just crumbled away in time.