Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

I think it's a good time. I got 38 something ages ago and was aiming for 34 at most.Will watch and check what routes you took, seems interesting.

Vdgg, are you talking about the map I did? Just for you to know, doing it faster than even 0:35 is really hard.

Er, no, -> Veinen, not seconds but minutes... First thoughts: I got the rocket launcher much earlier and never had full stock (100 rockets) in any moment. I'm starting to consider trying this again feeling my route might be faster, we'll see.

The route is a a bit all over the place since I didn't practice it enough, so there's definitely room for improvement in that department. I wanted full stock of rockets for the big outside horde but did use them a little too conservatively in the early parts of the demo since I had to skip some boxes near the RL pickup. The 30 rocket stash in the arena room beyond blue doors is somewhat wasted as well, ideally I should have had 70 upon entering that area the first time and picked them up right away before bailing and leaving the hordes to teleport in. Pretty tough to come up with an effective route in a sprawling map like this though so it would be interesting to see how you've planned it.

Hellbound Map01 UV-Max in 3:51

I didn't even notice until now that Daiyu's run was from a few days ago. I just felt like playing some Hellbound!

As someone new to the Doomworld demo recording community, what course of action is recommended for recording a playthrough? (i.e. Should I create a Hellbound thread? Continue posting here?) No Hellbound demo thread currently exists.

hb01-351.zip

That's entirely up to you. If there are enough demos flooding in then a moderator will just splice parts of the demo threads containing the demos and make them into a separate thread.

Welcome! I think if you're pretty sure that you're going to do a lot of demos for this wad, you should open a new thread. I'd say most megawads definitely deserve their own threads. Of course you can just rely on the moderators to do all the job, but they sure would be grateful if you tried to make their life a little easier. :)

MD922 said:

Flashback to Hell
Map 15 Pacifist/Speed in 10.83
Uses SR50 and SR40 in the run. Don't think 10.xx can be done without SR50

That's actually 10.86.

swtw03-4309.txt said:

Fuck this map.

:D :D :D

I'd thought it was beyond the frustration threshold for reasonable players for bother trying, so I'm very happy to have such demos to watch. Clever strats, all around!