Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Alien Vendetta demos [-complevel 2]

Hi, I found something for AV MAP20. You actually don't need a rocket jump for the trick. I have a demo here showing why not.

Please excuse my very crappy running. I was only recording this to show the trick. :)

av20jump.zip

*adds Aqfaq to the list of awesome people my future kids should never meet*

dew said:

*adds Aqfaq to the list of awesome people my future kids should never meet*

Hahah! Thanks! I was actually babysitting the whole day before starting the game. We blew soap bubbles and colored princess images. It was lovely, but socially exhausting, so after babysitting it was nice to retreat into the realm of DOOR meditation.

Wow. That must have taken an absurd amount of patience and dedication :o

j4rio said:

you should sign up for next GDQ with that run

Hahah! How about Games Done Slow?

Hey, if anyone can find fast doors in some undone tyson maps in the DSDA Top 20 WADs, let me know: http://doomedsda.us/top20.html

By the way, AV map 07 tyson is possible. It requires punching two mancubi in the beginning, so I can't do it. j4rio? Just shoot the mancubi and punch the two that remain, then telefrag arachnotrons and use all the bullets for the four unreachable arachnotrons. Should be a 30-minute run, but too hard for me, because I can't punch mancubi. Funnily I can kill 592 monsters, but not punch two...

Telefrag arachnotrons?? Which teleport??

I tried av07 long ago and I figured it was "insane", too hard. Same for rt22. Too many arachnotrons :)

All arachnotrons can be telefragged with outdoor teleports from the pits.
I tried this level with saves, the only real problem is the punching mancubi,
and it's not too hard too, just need a lot of patience.

Awesome!
j4rio, can you tysonize av map24?
Should be easy with your skill.
Berzerk is accessible soon after the start,
ammo is enough for the mastermind.
Would be great to watch!

Thanks j4rio, I am pleased.

vdgg said:

rt22

This may have looked like impossible some years ago, but not today. It is hard, but you can distract the arachnotrons and then punch them. Berserk is available immediately. There is also a chainsaw, which should work well on arachnotrons. Anyway, I'll leave it to somebody else...

Nice, j4rio. You conquered this "too hard" level in no time. Not taking damage for the first 10 minutes and a half... The beginning is a classic, I would put it next to E2M8, you know these manc attack patterns so well :)

Well, if around 4 hours is still in no time, then yes, I suppose. I've resetted every attempt where I took damage during mancs, so it was kind of expected to come out unscratched, heh. Those telefrags are way too unreliable, they are basically crapshoot so max health was necessary there. It still usually wasn't enough, I got past mancs maybe 8 times...

Hmm, sorry, I didn't get the E2M8 memo.