Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Civ

Doom 4 Monsters

To anyone who attended the previews, can you describe what the monsters/demons that you saw looked like?
Bonus points if you are artistic and can provide sketches. It seems that I am the only one that is curious if the designs will be similar to Doom 3, or the classic games.

I would say they are like Doom 3's, but much more menacing and more creative. They generally look a bit closer to the originals, and in particular the archvile and revenants looked very nice. They generally look more organic and fleshy. The cybernetic components look better integrated. There are some pretty slick human enemies, including fully suited ones that resemble Quake's enforcers.

Marnetmar said:

No, nothing like that. There were not, in fact, any demons in the demo. I can't remember the imps too well. I mostly remember that the revenant and mancubus were very much in the vain of the originals, though they honestly look better than any previous incarnation I've seen.

GoatLord said:

No, nothing like that. There were not, in fact, any demons in the demo. I can't remember the imps too well. I mostly remember that the revenant and mancubus were very much in the vain of the originals, though they honestly look better than any previous incarnation I've seen.

Ah man. I really hope there are some pinkies in the new Doom. They are one of my favorite monsters. Love blowing those big guys away.

Guest Unregistered account

Obviously, there's no way in Hell nor Hangar that they won't include the beloved Demons.

Caffeine Freak said:

As I recall, the Imps resembled the ones from Doom 3, with more of a sleek, gray coloration and glowing white eyes.

Hmm. I would have preferred glowing red eyes, but, oh well. You can't have everything you want in this world.

Guest Unregistered account

Meh, I suppose having glowing white eyes suggests intelligence over evil, or something...

Hi!
Am I the only one worried about the design of the Cyberdemon?
The foot shown in the trailer looks a lot like a grizzly foot... but a Cyberdemon is a Cyberdemon IFF it has goat legs!
BTW, the Hellknights in Doom 3 were so disappointing!

@Marnetmar: isn't that 5th-page-model the fly mutant from Rage?

I think some of ya'll need to let go of these sacred notions that XYZ element of neo-Doom MUST resemble its 2.5D counterpart. If you want to maturely examine the aesthetics of neo-Doom, you need to start by asking yourself whether or not the design is appealing and feels appropriate, not by criticizing the cyberdemon's foot.

Basically if they don't find a way to incorporate all the awesome monster designs that have been present throughout id's career, I think it would be an opportunity wasted. They never had to reinvent the wheel, just speed up the game so the player can gun more monsters faster and cause infighting! [The last five words scare publishers the most because it means system requirements might sky-rocket if left absolutely untamed.]

As much as I love classic Doom monsters, Doom 3's half robotic pinky is one of my favorite designs. I hope he returns in Doom 3.

nelson01023 said:

Dangit,I really wanna see the pinky demon and pain elemental

Nah, I can live without the pain elemental. Annoying fat bastards. Pinkies though are a definite must. Absolutely love those guys.

Although, if the pain elementals explode upon dying like in Classic Doom, then I wouldn't mind having them. It would be cool to have them blow up and take out some surrounding monsters.

I really love Doom 64's pain elemental. I'd like to see something along those lines in the new Doom.