Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

This is everything I got (editing shots):
MAP 20
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77bent3ayvwh1st/map20a2%20%28edit%20area%29%20at%2031.07.2014%2021-26-42.jpg

MAP 21
https://www.dropbox.com/s/13z4xl3h25ro4h4/map21a3%20%28edit%20area%29%20at%2031.07.2014%2021-26-09.jpg

Sigh. It's gone grind halt, with everything, not just this project. Maybe summer season is to blame, can't seem to do anything.

To be fair, I've not started your MIDI either, but I will do it if you stick with the maps :)

--

But on the subject of MIDI, it appears I've discovered something rather interesting.
Earlier on in this thread I mentioned a few bugs occurring in the fabled MAP32 music, these weird tempo jumps in a few places then a horribly discordant brightness towards the end. Also related was that the shores on MUS12 weren't panning, both channels were panned centre (though I want to change this anyway via MIDI events so they change panning during the note). This only occurred in-game.

I just put MUS32 on its own into a WAD file and it worked perfectly, so I'm wondering if this was another oddity caused by Doomhuntress' tracks.
Therefore, in the event that DH finishes fixing before I've finished my compositions (likely), I'd request that Ragnor makes a new version of the MIDI pack, so I can see if this works.

While I love MUS32, and consider it the best MIDI that I've made, and probably will make for the forseeable future...it's a pain in the ass to test it for stuff like this :P

I swear I replied to this post earlier. But anyway, Contempt is all kinds of wonderful. I feel bad for only listening to it just now, but hey, busyness..

CorSair said:

This is everything I got (editing shots):
MAP 20
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77bent3ayvwh1st/map20a2%20%28edit%20area%29%20at%2031.07.2014%2021-26-42.jpg

MAP 21
https://www.dropbox.com/s/13z4xl3h25ro4h4/map21a3%20%28edit%20area%29%20at%2031.07.2014%2021-26-09.jpg

Sigh. It's gone grind halt, with everything, not just this project. Maybe summer season is to blame, can't seem to do anything.

These look really interesting. Good luck with them. :) Not sure how vanilla compatible they are, but looking forward to seeing the finished thing.

Have sent out texture pack version 13b. If you didn't get it, PM me. But I think I got everybody.*

*Maybe.

Just had a look at FellowZDoomer's two incomplete sample maps since im currently not doing anything important.

Yes, they are very low detail, and rather bare, a large side effect of only having a phone to map with, but there are some nifty ideas going on. The best solution to me would be to work with other mappers to get the detail level the phone cant do, while doing the main gameplay himself. Also needs side areas, currently both are mostly narrow tunnels.

25 is definitely interesting though so far as a pure cave level. Good thing we have a lot more rock variety now. I'd like to see some demonic crude mining equipment in there somewhere. This is afterall, an industrial hell that this map takes place in

I've considered this track for quite a few slots. I don't think it fits any of what I'm supposed to be doing, but I made it to get back into the swing of things, and it would be nice for it to be used here, though I have no clue where it can go.

Anyway, it's called Atmosphere.

Quite heavily influenced by stewboy's stuff so..

Spoiler

..maybe Rynning from Evil would've been a better title

(also, bump, 1-month silence was worrying)

Because WOOO 2 is nearing its end, I would like to assist by looking into fellowzdoomer's map and doing something for it (seeing as though he is now banned or something) if that is ok with you guys?

hmm. the Originals.rar file with all the MIDI files seems to be missing some of my contributions. i'm not sure if it's been updated recently, but Contempt and Your Last Resort aren't in there. i'm just about finished with fixing all my MIDI files, so i'd like to have some status about that before i submit them (for organization's sake, i'll just link to a folder of mine which has all my contributions in it. it'll be a lot less messier that way.)

mrthejoshmon said:

Because WOOO 2 is nearing its end, I would like to assist by looking into fellowzdoomer's map and doing something for it (seeing as though he is now banned or something) if that is ok with you guys?

Yeah for sure. That would be awesome.

Do you have a version of it? :)

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Yeah for sure. That would be awesome.

Do you have a version of it? :)

Yeah, he emailed me about it (includes links to his MAP25 and MAP01).

I will get to it and see what I can do with it.

So, I need to get my ass onto some actual playtesting work. I had my holiday (Even saw Mt Doom, lulz), found my wireless 360 controller adaptor, got my Diablo 3 RoS binge out of the way, and have been sufficently harassed by Eris and Kyka.

I foresee no possible excuses.

Eris Falling said:

I don't get paid enough to drive The Kykarâ„¢ if the rognar don't move.

Seriously though, awesome pic. I so love it.

Also, the map 32 slot is now open, so accepting mappers for that slot.

I was booked for that slot, but I figure there are enough of my maps in there already, and I am not gonna have the time to do it for the moment. :)

Well uh, that might mess up Eris' specially made theme for that level. Hopefully whatever level goes there can match the theme. I half expect Eris to sneak in and build a map around his track, but now that ive said it, it wont happen, oops!

Doomhuntress said:

so i'm some kind of native critter hopping around on Io or whatever the devil TNT's story takes place on? :p

Along with the Xaserbeast. Megamur is absent from this one, oddly enough, but hey, your missing from the original Kykalution image so it evens out. The Midi Bucket should be a cameo inside the Kykar, as Kyka's stereo :p

(There will clearly be more of these as development continues)

Oh fuck it, pencil me in for 32. Maybe I can map this one out a bit easier, and if not, I can always drop it again.

Done. :)

And also, I am still laughing at that pic. I love the Kykar.

Eris and I have spent a while discussing 32, its likely to be a lot like what you and I envisioned for Chold originally

I hope you do make what you envisioned and realise it on its own or as part of something else. Mea Culpa maybe? I really need to play that demo.

Ragnor said:

Along with the Xaserbeast. Megamur is absent from this one, oddly enough, but hey, your missing from the original Kykalution image so it evens out. The Midi Bucket should be a cameo inside the Kykar, as Kyka's stereo :p

(There will clearly be more of these as development continues)

it'd be funnier if the Midi Bucket were an actual, you know, bucket. as in Bucket the member, and everyone else was swimming around in there. :p

Doomhuntress said:

it'd be funnier if the Midi Bucket were an actual, you know, bucket. as in Bucket the member, and everyone else was swimming around in there. :p

He had a cameo in the official devmode titlepic as a literal bucket playing music :p

I imagine this new one is the interpic, as Eris makes me drive the Kykar between maps in need of testing.

btw, I did indeed update the Originals folder to be current day stuff.

Aaaargh. Gnashing and wailing of teeth.

We are not worthy, oh Great and Gracious Bucket.

Why isn't this done yet? :( Seriously it would get me back into playing Doom again since I've neglected it lately.