Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xbroglos

My Caco

I thought I needed a pet:

WIP, of course. Next I'll give him the rest of the horns, paint and teeth (in this order). The eye is a green LED.

And maybe I'l give him(her?) a name.

xbroglos said:

And maybe I'll give him(her?) a name.

How about the name Missy? Looks okay so far I can't wait to see the added detail though.

>Are you going to mail it out to various Doomworld members to briefly take care of after completion?

Interesting idea. That depends if I dont wind up modeling a shotgun.

So, horns and some paint.

(my camera sucks, doesnt it?)

Going on a trip tomorrow, won't touch him/her/"Missy"(lol) again until next week.

(btw, for the moment I'm calling him simply "Caco", but the matter is still open for suggestions)

This little project raised some disturbing questions. Do Cacodemons have sexes? do they lay eggs or give birth? that cloaca seems to be composed of two orifices. And those appendages in the underside, are those veins or intestines or what? Ugh.

Seriously, one interesting aspect of Doom is how the sprites are so low-res no two interpretations of the origninal material come out the same. Just Google some fanart to see how different they are.

lol I love it!!

Its actually pretty cute! Then again I always did think the Caco's were all cuddly looking! It was almost cruel killing them and that poor little eye falls out *sad* :(

umm....MOD, make Caco's purr when they get close to the player....and...well thats it really, who would want to kill them then! Guess the problem then would be if there was too many of them Doom guy may get over whelmed and not be able to progress much further, also if they got hit by 'friendly' fire they would float up to their attacker and try to give them a warm cuddle!

*Sorry, im having a funny day today*

Anyway, do you plan on making any other Doom creatures?

I'm back, I hadn't really had time to model yet, but I managed in few minutes some teeth and tried to paint the face:

I'm not really happy with the pink and red colors, I'll try a darker shade next.

>Its actually pretty cute!

Then I failed as an artist :) it's supposed to be a demonic hellspawn, not cute. But I guess that big smile is contagious.

>Anyway, do you plan on making any other Doom creatures?

Yeh, I'd really like to make an Imp. But the humanoid form may be difficult, so, if I find some aluminum rod the right size, I'm thinking I'll make a Spiderdemon first.

That plasticine Cacodemos is VERY interesting, pity the project was abandoned. Also a pity that (vanilla) Doom's sprites have so few pixels to work with, and newer FPS abr too complicated with all those polygons, voxels and whatervers.

(reading Maes' thread about his plasticine monster and its "horns, lobes, glands, orifices and pseudopoda, not to mention those damn teeth" I lol'd because it's so like the things that crossed my mind when I was modeling my caco. I guess the translation from the simple, flat sprite to 3D causes that)

But maybe all that's for the better. Well, teeth and paint:

I feel that I will only retouch the paint in some areas and complete the wiring for the eye before declaring it done. It was fun.

Heh this looks like a deja-vu ;-)

I think I still have the original hi-res photos of that cacodemon somewhere, in case someone wants to give it another shot. I admit that I didn't give the sprite conversion phase as much attention as I gave the modeling phase: there's still a lot of editing involved even with the physical model & photos shorcuts. If I was to try something similar again, I'd go with a better lightbox from the start, and re-model it in a way that cleanly scales down to Doom resolution.

It seems that many people like the Cacodemon, how come?

My favorite is Mancubus, the fat fuck who makes funny noise when he dies. Sounds like diarrhea.

Lombardi said:

It seems that many people like the Cacodemon, how come?

My favorite is Mancubus, the fat fuck who makes funny noise when he dies. Sounds like diarrhea.

Dont know, for me its because its cute and cuddly and its such a shame when you blow him out the air. He falls rapidly to the floor, his one eye popping out. Its such a shame, all he wanted to do was spit you to death and he never got to do that....*sobs*

Cool looking cacodemon, I wish I had also time to craft monsters. I would like to sculp something from greenstuff, like heresiarch. I don't think Reaper miniatures is going to release cast pewter miniatures out of the heretic/hexen universe anytime soon so might as well do my own miniatures

I never modeled monsters before. It was so much fun to make the Caco, that I did this with the leftover materials:

xbroglos said:
I never modeled monsters before. It was so much fun to make the Caco, that I did this with the leftover materials:

OMG!! LOL

Fantastic.....I was shocked for a moment though before I read the text as I thought you had killed Dennis.....thank god it was only his friend!

Has Dennis seen this or have you protected his eyes..eye from seeing such a sight.

Maybe Dennis will need a nice warm cuddly hug.

I thought you killed Dennis for a minute. I was thinking: "now he'll never move from Ajax to coach Arsenal like he promised." Joking aside, the dead version (along with alive version) looks amazing. I love that LED for the eye, very creative.