Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomRenegade

Deathmatch project

Du Mhan Yhu said:

EDIT 2:Does Odamex support slopes? (I seem to remember it does, I could be wrong)
Also does odamex support those tags where you can speed up or slow down the lifts/doors by value?

Yes and yes

Ok, the project is still going on, but I just need some maps, some people posted Unfinished maps, which I am probably not going to replace with the finished versions, so I will wait until more people post maps, go I can go through them and add them when I have time

I actually will be accepting UDMF maps as well as Hexen maps! I changed my mind, because I want to try my hand at it, so if I don't need it for my personal wad I've been working on, I'll just put it on this

@DoomRenegade: May I suggest you update the op with what maps you have so far and what slot they occupy, as most other projects do. In addition, you should add what format each map is aswell as who the author is.

No deadline, but I don't solid list, because maps come and go, Joe667 and Doomguy are going to be in the wad or sure, but I really don't know a ton of people who want to help...
The list for now is
MAP01 "Rain" DoomRenegade Doom map
that's seriously all I remember, I will spread these maps out, and even modify my own maps, but I think one map isn't even finished haha

As long as people are interested, we can go to 40, like DMR, but the least I'll take is 25, so I would probably make more maps and it would take more time, but I'm going to upload some stuff, and download some maps off this fourm!

My own personal project's details, plus additional things, and a 6 map wad I think

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rblsjm9cy7wj6bn/Achtung%20Promo.zip?m=

And the Nihil promo!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6c7px6t1qlyc1g0/Nihil.wad?m=

My own project has some maps I won't be using, so they will be recycled

"Achtung" has 36 maps, and I have a lot finshed, I did want to give players a taste of the wad, by adding my favorite map I created, that was inspired by modern maps and Doom 1, (Cause I finally beat it haha) and I just wanted to make a mega wad that would give me a name on the forums, a little fame. I like being noticed for quailty maps, so this will be messed with in a lot of ways, until I think everyone will enjoy it!
Thanks everyone! I might not get information out very fast, but I will be working!

(if anyone was interested in my wad Formula of Destruction, I am editing that, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm starting a ton of projects, but it will have modifications, total re textured maps, new areas, and a few maps from the small wads released around the time of FOD. Also, I might put a rejected map with some new stuff added on, I made a few maps for FOD, and finished them, so I don't mind fixing them up)

DoomRenegade said:

Stuff

I don't see 40 maps happening so easily.

As far as updating your OP, Something along these lines.

10/25 Maps

*NIHIL DM*

Map01 - Rain - DoomRenegade (??)
Map02 -Untitled - Doomrenegade (??)
Map03 -Untitled - Doomguy93 (??) <--DL Invalid
Map04 - Hellhouse - Doomrenegade (??)
Map05 -Untitled -Doomrenegade (??)
Map06 -
Map07 - Party like it's 1996! - Joe667 (Boom)
Map08 - Big - Doomrenegade (??)
Map09 - Untitled-Doomrenegade (??)

Map??- Soil - Joe-Ilya (Vanilla)
Map?? - Seaside - Du Mhan Yhu (Zdoom)
Map?? - Broogpults' Posts - Du Mhan Yhu (Zdoom)

Potential/Other mappers
Getsu Fune
kalinus
Doomkid
Breezeep
zzzornbringer
Fellowzdoomer

You may change the MapXX in MAPINFO in my maps to whatever slot you see fit.

I know this is a half ass list but hopefully it will give an idea of where this stands so far.

Name: Sane Deathmatch Map
Target Engine: GZDoom, or anything that supports Doom in Doom format.
Editor Used: DMapEdit 4.3, Vanilla Doom 2 format.

Tested with bots, they know where the SSG is, but they can't figure out how to get the plasma rifle and bfg, despite me showing them repeatedly. Expect my next map(s) to use similar textures.

Du Mhan Yhu said:

I don't see 40 maps happening so easily.

As far as updating your OP, Something along these lines.

10/25 Maps

*NIHIL DM*

Map01 - Rain - DoomRenegade (??)
Map02 -Untitled - Doomrenegade (??)
Map03 -Untitled - Doomguy93 (??) <--DL Invalid
Map04 - Hellhouse - Doomrenegade (??)
Map05 -Untitled -Doomrenegade (??)
Map06 -
Map07 - Party like it's 1996! - Joe667 (Boom)
Map08 - Big - Doomrenegade (??)
Map09 - Untitled-Doomrenegade (??)

Map??- Soil - Joe-Ilya (Vanilla)
Map?? - Seaside - Du Mhan Yhu (Zdoom)
Map?? - Broogpults' Posts - Du Mhan Yhu (Zdoom)

Potential/Other mappers
Getsu Fune
kalinus
Doomkid
Breezeep
zzzornbringer
Fellowzdoomer

You may change the MapXX in MAPINFO in my maps to whatever slot you see fit.

I know this is a half ass list but hopefully it will give an idea of where this stands so far.

Thanks, I haven't had much time to go through it... Because of the Achtung wad, I was thinking 40 maps would be interesting here, because that was my plan for Achtung xD I stopped at 36, because of a lack of MIDI files of songs that I liked
I know I need to update the wad, so I'll make it a priority

@DoomRenegade, just keep in mind quality > quantity. A good WAD doesn't always require 40 maps.

Yo, sunshine. Here's five maps from my now abandoned Riot DM wad (I think they're still in Free DM, though I am unsure). Be warned though as they are not fully complete yet so the game play isn't exactly in my typical style, but I will perhaps improve in the near future so they can be included. Unless of course you do not accept vanilla maps.

Springy said:

Yo, sunshine. Here's five maps from my now abandoned Riot DM wad (I think they're still in Free DM, though I am unsure). Be warned though as they are not fully complete yet so the game play isn't exactly in my typical style, but I will perhaps improve in the near future so they can be included. Unless of course you do not accept vanilla maps.

I believe he is accepting vanilla maps and UDMF too.

Yep! All formats are accepted! But it's going to be annoying to people who use doom engines that can't run the map
But I am nearly done with my own project, 36 maps is where I drew the line
Sorry XD I said that twice, but I replaced like 10 maps and added exits and items, and now I have one map I want to change.
So I will make more maps for Nihil which is still in progress!

Fellowzdoomer said:

Is there a limit as to how many maps one can make?

Just send me MIDIs for each map and you can make as many as you can

Guest Unregistered account

Nah, we're all still here! But there so many projects flying around at the moment I think most of us are a bit overwhelmed with opportunities. Another Year Of Doom, maybe? Would certainly fit a new Doom game coming out. ;)

Hey DoomRenegade, don't get down about it. I've made literally hundreds of Doom maps over the years, and my first ones really sucked, where as you're already have a solid knowledge of mapping.

I'd like you to come on IRC some time, maybe chat with me and the_miano about mapping and projects and stuff. I'd be happy to cooperate in making something really fun with all of you guys. We're usually on irc.quakenet.org #dmstuff, come chat & frag!

Also, don't think you have wasted your time. The more you map, the more you learn and the better ideas you come up with!

Hey, sorry for all the inactivity! In return, here are a few Alpha WIP shots of the map I'm making for you!

Eh? Eh? So far I haven't really got more than a small OK-looking arena, but I'm going to stretch it a lot bigger. Be prepared for woodland architecture and exits built into trees!
Also, I'm in desperate need of a sky texture for a scrolling skybox (yes, a skybox), because the normal cityscape sky just won't cut it.

The map's called Shadow Forest and uses the music track of a similar name (Shadow Wood) from Hexen.

What do you think? ;)

Thanks, still working on it (obviously).
Does anyone know of any skies that would fit a skybox for a forest? I'm thinking of a scrolling skybox.

Joe667 said:

Thanks, still working on it (obviously).
Does anyone know of any skies that would fit a skybox for a forest? I'm thinking of a scrolling skybox.

Odamex doesn't support flats on walls and vice versa.

What? Damn! I guess I'd better get flat-switching, then.