Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nevanos

Stardate 20x6 + 20x7 demos [-complevel 9]

excellent. surprised you skipped the soul-sphere before the last fight, guess you were too cool and didn't need it anyways :p

...if you kill the imps right away there's a greater chance of the sex Viles staying put and resurrecting everything they can...

sex-viles, awww yeah :)

sweet demo. lots of cheese that I sloppily didn't account for, but it looks damn hard enough to beat even still (can't believe I never tested that strat for the starting area, for example -.-). will watch the fail demos now, it is a touch mean to have such vicious encounters after so big a map, but ohwell, grand finales and all that :D. fwiw gggmork found a nice cheese strat where he preemptively fired bfg shots at the towers in the distance and used the tracers to accelerate killing the that initial pack of viles, so maaaaaybe it's not too rough. the final tele swarm though...

Right. To be perfectly honest, there's little reason to use the 8char limit for wads targeting prboom's complevel 9. No one's gonna watch them on pure Boom executables and glitchless playback isn't guaranteed anyway.

hot damn that's some fantastic cheese, great demo! AV jump out of the YK fight, BK room fights out of order, that glide strat in the staircase room... I feel pretty good about it though because even with all those shenanigans it still looks tough to pull off :)

@0xf00ba12 So here are those Stardate20x7 demos! I was expecting those to be in separate thread. Anyway, there is a demo desync EVEN THRU I set complevel to 9 and I have same glboom version as you - so I cant play them :(. Happens nowhere else, just in those two. In map3 it looks logical from start, health goes like 100->96->90->80, and then Cyberdemon kills you. Then it continues playing, already desynced. Anybody has same problem? Can you send the cfg file?

Also, s7-824 name would be enough.