Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Jordo said:

Here's a little demo I did of hacx.wad. It's map31, UV speed in 14.97. Could be better.

Wait, you registered in 2006 and only now made a post??

Yeah...I never had a reason to post back then. Not really sure why I made this account in the first place.

And the Bloodshed Began Map 15 UV Max in 1:50. Probably try for sub 1:40 some other time. Oh one more thing, can someone explain to me what happened just before the mancubus kill? I played the demo back once and saw it thinking "oh it's the laptop playing up trying to catch up with itself", but I played it a few more times and it is still there.

bb15-150.zip

Oh great. Thanks to j4rio and Nevan who have proven that SWTW map 03 can be beaten by human beings, Ribbiks will now feel obliged to go even further difficulty-wise in his Sunlust levels :o

Amazing demos guys, congrats on such an achievement. :)
You make this look so easy.
The quadruple Cyberdemon room with the BFG and crushers seems to be the scariest part... I'm curious to know which trap did you guys dread the most.

It's a shame I missed that one Spectre so it doesn't count as a UV-Max, but happy enough I even beat it.

The dark blue key trap indefinitely. Pissed me off so much.

-Nevanos (Forgets to switch accounts lul)

It's one of those maps that become notably easier once you have it memorized inside-out and have some strats pre-planned. I think the last room pissed me off the most, because I found a reliable way to just completely break it, but couldn't incorporate it. Basically, before pressing button releasing avs and cybs, I'd just shoot BFG so that tracers hit avs, which will make those that get hit instantly attack, and then cybs start to shoot so around 3-4 avs get killed off immediately. However, cybs then get teleported to dummy rooms instead of avs and remain stuck there, so I wouldn't be able to get a max if I did that.

Vae Victus Map01 UV-Max in 3:48

and

Into The Code Map01 UV-Max in 0:39

The The Code -demo was recorded a while back; I had the intention to do more for that particular wad but map02 was annoying as hell so I gave up and didn't bother releasing this demo for map01 either. Now that I have other business in this thread I thought why not... Vae Victus demo was recorded just today, for no particular reason.

See attachment two posts below for the demos.

Veinen: don't use spaces in the filenames. Try downloading your file by yourself and see what happens.

Flashback to Hell Map 01
For anyone thinking getting a demo like this is easy, well it's not.
Spent a lot of time grinding and got this at last try.
Optimized4Eva

fth10024.zip

btsx_e2 (1st sep release):
MAP13 FDA in 23:xx - no deaths, but lots of ridiculously low health moments
MAP15 UV Speed (normal exit) in 1:23
prplus2513 -complevel 2

Can't really post in the sticky thread as this version is no longer available for download(?)

btsx2_vdgg.zip

Casualties of War by Mike Breeden
Map01 NM Pacifist in 0:36

Note that this does not play back with the ("G-rated") version in the archive; this is recorded on the original R-rated version, which I have put in a temporary location, linked above.

It's a map with a Romero head in the open, so NM Pacifist is the natural category to record. He's damaged by three monsters: sergeants, an imp and an archie. An imp? Yes, because the floor is rising.

Edit: I notice that this map features a 5-minute door. Just a curiosity and not relevant to this demo, but if anyone decides to record a Max, it could be irritating.

cw01np36.zip

The first time? That was probably back then when the wad was still just a WIP and I was supposed to be playtesting and stuff... :p

Rayzik's maxes of all stardate maps

MAP01: 11:57
MAP02: 14:26
MAP03: 19:58
MAP04: 15:51
MAP05: 19:57
MAP06: 33:46
MAP07: 40:54

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o347i0jle2tjg9u/Stardate20X6+by+Rayzik.zip

Then there's also 32 of his zone 300 maxes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6s1m6wif1c9dij/Zone+300+by+Rayzik.zip

Then 32 hellbound maxes