Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

KevinHEZ said:

Finally i figured out how to make custom textures xD

Very stylish, has almost a pastel look while still mostly looking Doom-like.

franckFRAG said:

Curiously, it reminds me "Alice Wonderland" by the choice and colors of textures.

Funny remark. I just remembered "American McGee's Alice" here, the entrance to some building with winding stairs (not sure if it was the "SKOOL").

Ah - same same, sector666.

mrthejoshmon said:

Now all it needs are some very quotable lines plastered all over.

And levels named after Doom body Allegory

franckFRAG said:

Hum... Wow!! This architecture seems very impressive!!

Thanks! Not quite as impressive if you look straight up (who would do such a thing in doom?) but I'll do something about that.

Mouldy, I've been watching and following all your masterclass mapping artwork for I guess 3 years, but, no offense intended to be put between my words, I've never seen you mapping something

Spoiler

mouldy.

Oh wait. Should we someday start a cp for the ones whose username can actually be defined as a concept in English, thus they're making a self-reference one by one? Me myself would definitely be in.

I truly didn't want to offend anyone. The way you interpret my expression doesn't define what I actually mean. Again, great shot Mouldy.

Cell said:

Mouldy, I've never seen you mapping something mouldy.

heh, i guess this is the closest I've come to making a mouldy map.

Cell said:

Should we someday start a cp for the ones whose username can actually be defined as a concept in English, thus they're making a self-reference one by one?

Maybe it's not exactly English, but I'd love to make a map themed around uncopyrighted sheep cheese.

The architecture is great but as for the texture choices don't you think maybe it's just a little bit bland?

Avoozl said:

The architecture is great but as for the texture choices don't you think maybe it's just a little bit bland?

Nah I think its fine

the Baron of Hell is very disappointed of late with all the sensible architecture and demands you bring back lava ceilings and scrolling FIREBLU walls

mouldy's screenshot is incredible! the TALLNESS of it is what stands out to me, I'm so used to 256 height rooms that it figuratively lifts the roof off my mind.

Only the JPEG may better have been compressed with a bit more quality and with no color subsampling; the red bleeds blurry... I'd rather like to see it as PNG.

LigH said:

Only the JPEG may better have been compressed with a bit more quality and with no color subsampling; the red bleeds blurry... I'd rather like to see it as PNG.

Yeah jpegs hate red, definitely looks better in the flesh.

I should say in defense of the colour scheme that it makes more sense in the context of the wad. Also most of that map will end up covered in a multi-coloured carpet of monster corpses anyway.

franckFRAG said:

Two weeks ago, I tried to make a map with the textures of swtw.

Cool stuff. I really should get round to playing the rest of that wad, I pussied out half way through the 2nd map.

Guest Unregistered account
yakfak said:

The Baron of Hell is very disappointed of late with all the sensible architecture and demands you bring back lava ceilings and scrolling FIREBLU walls

FIREBLUUUUUUU

Memfis said, in reply to FranFrack:
How the heck did you make these curves on top???

Seconded - what masterful manipulation of textures is going on here? :O