Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheShep

Dyst3

Every site that has said something about this 11-level pack said it is good, but i have a problem.

The 3rd level seems to cause me to spontaneously die, whether or not I'm in zDOOM or plain old DOOM2. When I say die, it's more like "die," because All my health vanishes, and I am laying "dead" on the ground, but monsters can still keep shooting at me as if I am still alive until all my armor is down and stuff, then you hear a scream (the death sound), and then I am officially dead.

Has anyone else had this problem, or does no one play such an ancient pack of levels?

Dyst3 is ancient but it is not obsolete. It's a classic.

I don't remember your particular problem but it sure sounds weird.

I'll put up a screenshot at my site, then you can see how weird it is :P. I'll even try to get a monster to shoot at me.

I didn't notice the banners that said "start" and "finish" apparently you have to race thru there and win to not die or whatever...

For the record, I just beat the whole packk (easy of course). Very nice pack!

dyst3 sure is a classic, Adelusion and Ikka Kerenen were voted the top 2 wad creators ever here on dw iirc.

Yeah, Dyst3 was great, but Requiem and Strain were much better.

I have something to say about STRAIN...

On map 6 or something like that, the teleport to exit the map is busted. I use zDOOOM, and if I'm not supposed to use a port, boo hoo.

btw, "boo hoo" was a space filler. I was going to say some crap about how DOOM2 does not allow for gamma changing, but then I soon realized thats what F11 is for...