Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

I know that map is going to be painful in a fun way, judging by that highly fun birthday map and general word on the forums about cannonball maps :p

You can always pull the skies out of the wad for screenshot purposes, I believe Kyka was going to make a version without the skies for this purpose.

Oh and for the next time your in the thread Kyka, the link in the OP to the demo music wad is broken. The proper link is on this page, should be version 8P

Ragnor said:

I know that map is going to be painful in a fun way, judging by that highly fun birthday map and general word on the forums about cannonball maps :p

Yeah cannonball. Looks pretty interesting. :)

You can always pull the skies out of the wad for screenshot purposes, I believe Kyka was going to make a version without the skies for this purpose.

I was? Ok.

Oh and for the next time your in the thread Kyka, the link in the OP to the demo music wad is broken. The proper link is on this page, should be version 8P

Fixed. :)

Also, we have recently got three new maps.. So some screens are in order. (and yes I know I have shown a little of the skies. The key phrase here is 'a little'. :D )

Map by SFoZ911

Map by 40oz

Map by Eradrop

Just to let you guys know, i have made more changes to my map so it would be easier for me to make a better encounters. once i'll finish with the gameplay, i'll be sure to send it right over.

While the project isn't dead by a long shot, a lot of us are becoming really busy with other life obligations, as is the norm.

I unfortunately have to announce that ive been hired by Re-Logic to work on Terraria's 1.3 update, so almost all of my time is spent finding bugs, testing various things, and working with the developers on stuff like balancing and so forth. ie I have no time at all to playtest the maps you guys are making, sorry :(

I'll still handle smaller things though, but yeah, I cant spend the hours I usually do testing maps.

Again, apologies to Kyka, the rest of the team, and to the mappers.

Ragnor said:

I unfortunately have to announce that ive been hired by Re-Logic to work on Terraria's 1.3 update

That's pretty cool, congrats.

I would have told the whole team right away, but I wasn't sure who I could tell what with the NDA I had to sign. Got permission recently to publically say im working on it, but nothing else about it :p

If you want I can maybe put some time aside to maintain the MIDI stuff if needs be. I believe I have the most recent versions of everything.

Thats fine, I can spare 15 minutes to do stuff like that, just not the long time frames testing requires...especially since im testing all day every day for another product. I am doing the most mundane shit right now in another window -_-

Thanks kmxexii. Really enjoying this opportunity.

But anyway, any map news from you guys? All is quiet on my end aside from progress notes on 32 and 14 by Eris, as well as midi updates.

Just got back from a few weeks holidays.

Wanna say congrats to Ragnor on your "promotion". Such good news bro. And also wanna say a huge huge thank you for all your work on this project. You have definitely been one of the biggest contributors, and we so appreciate your work, and we more than understand the new situation viz. involvement with this project.

All the best with everything IRL, especially the new work. So so cool. :)

SFoZ911 said:

Just to let you guys know, i have made more changes to my map so it would be easier for me to make a better encounters. once i'll finish with the gameplay, i'll be sure to send it right over.

Really appreciate it. Your map is a fitting map 01 for the project. :)

Ok. So as the thread title now reflects, there is now an end of November deadline.

So by then all unfinished map slots will be expected to show some progress, or at least a serious intention to do said maps over the next few months.

If not, then any slots will be opened for other mappers.

Thanks heaps for everyone's work, we are well on the way to getting this thing done.

cheers

Devilution or Revilution, which will be out first?

Spoiler

Project Geryon

Gez said:

Spoiler

Project Geryon

Spoiler

Seeing as though I will be lucky if it even gets over 10 maps I guess so.

-

I would like to also announce that I just gave up on the fellowzdoomer maps, not much I could work with so I just said "fuck it, nobody cares anyway".

Here is the little amount of crap I got done on the only level I edited (Changed the start room and that is about it):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/237ueej55hfgo43/MAP25-mtjmedit.wad

Gez said:

Devilution or Revilution, which will be out first?

Spoiler

Mordeth

?

Well, Devilution got its act together with a much better leader and currently has one map left. I'd say we are around 50-60% done while they are 70-80% done.

Even if our maps were "done", we still need to get a whole bunch of special textures done. Ive actually been poking around the Terraria community for artists for this, heh.

Nice to see this moving though, I was worried that my sudden employment had damaged the project.

As a random check-in, i haven't forgotten about my map. Just been busy with a bunch of other things so it hasn't yet materialized. O:

Also, after much deliberating, I feel that just plain "Singularity" is a fitting enough and catchy name as it is. Leave it to me to overthink. D:

Psst, Kyka, I'm not FULLY retired :p Just for the next few months, or however long it takes for Terraria 1.3 to be done. I'm also still handling the music wad, Eris can take over if I ever get too busy to also do that though.

Xaser, its for the best, I remember in the old TNT2 thread the names got insane, "Revilution Terminus: Singulartiy Complex" anyone? rofl

TNT had a lot of simple to-the-point names anyway, I'd like to keep that tradition where possible. I don't think Ill ever think of a map 30 name D:

My job has left me with a bunch of neat tools I'd like to bring to this community, if they aren't paid tools anyway, we use a really nifty team-based communication system and just today got a new bug-reporting software that's pretty damn awesome, we could make some real progress with these tools.

Kyka: I request that you add details on TNTR: Convilution to the OP, the minisode that all of our reserve maps and midis will go to.

Secondly, im going to officially announce Map 33.

Map 33 is our way of honouring everyone who's contributed to Revilution, a full map that acts as a list of credits, with some sort of cameo for everyone on the credits section of the text file. So we need a list of everyone thats contributed to our map list, from both Devilution and Revilution, including past mappers like Memfis who made an effort to help but ultimately did not make it to final release. The main team are planned to appear as whatever monster or thing cameos they wish to be, for example, I am a Nazi guarding the blue key, Bucket will be a literal bucket, mrthejoshmon requested to be a Revenant, and Xaser is probably going to be the level boss, knowing him :p

If your on the current list of active mappers, let us know what kind of role you'd like in the evil office complex. Little work on 33 exists outside of Eris' prototype title cards for everyone, but its good to plan ahead.

joe-ilya said:

Where's your point?

Well...

Impboy4 said:

Where's the quality joe?

I think that is his point.

From what I can see they look quite bland and are in serious need of some more texture usage (Seriously, I could pick any out of all the damn fine TNT Revilution textures that you didn't use that would fit the scenes perfectly) as well as a slight them being slightly flat in terms of height levels, I would honestly add a little more variety to those areas to make them stand out more.

Spider Colony has been dropped/pulled from Devilution by mutual agreement. If you'd like to do something with it you're welcome.

Link, plays on MAP25 and requires the original TNT2 texture pack:

EDIT: link removed

Shots

At the very least it will need some retexturing although it was finished before the project split so it will depend on how much from that pack was kept by you guys. Outside of this it has already been playtested and passed by the playtesters of the original project, most of which are in this project but you're welcome to make any other changes you see fit if the level fits your project's goals.