Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

dew said:

congrats for your perseverance, this is quite awesome!

now go be ashamed for surviving map06, lucker. :)

Thanks a lot! This is something I've always wanted to do. I might try this in Compet-N someday, who knows!

HAHA, a Rev shot rarely does less than 25 damage, yeah. But those Revs very very rarely can shot like they did in my demo, and dying on MAP06 isn't much of a problem :P

Rizera said:

Doom 2 D2ALL UV-Max in 106:41 (All 32 maps Max in 1:46:41, single segment)

My greatest feat so far!!! I'm so happy I did this!
Managed to cut a total 6:37 from Radek Pecka's UV Max World Record, but of course this shouldn't take his place as it was recorded using GLBoom.

Detailed info on the text file.

Congratulations for this great achievement!
It looks like your time for ep1 is 25:25 which is best time too! :-)

some demos kOeGy and me made the last weeks:

all coop:

lvl 03 UV Max 0:44
lvl 04 UV Max 0:51
lvl 13 UV Max 3:25
lvl 17 UV Max 4:36
lvl 26 UV Max 2:55
lvl 29 UV Max 3:45

lvl 27 NM 100 1:14

7coop_demos.zip

Fantastic!! (I only watched the green player's perspective for now). Makes me want to try coop one day :) Love how low health situations were handled.

The best part is when termrork almost kills kOeGy at the end of map09. :) I imagine I would get very nervous in coop runs because of the responsibility. If you fuck up you can't just swear a little and start another attempt, you will be yelled at by your friend. :)
Were you guys like sitting in the same room or playing on the internet?

vdgg said:

Fantastic!! (I only watched the green player's perspective for now). Makes me want to try coop one day :) Love how low health situations were handled.

It would be stressful, but we could try to play over DOSBox.

Let's just hope none of this randomly happens:

Not a good sign...

..and here's why:

Hopefully these are just DOSBox related issues and thus fixable...

There's also no slave/master relationship between the host and guest, so ever player must manually set thier settings to be identical to the host instead of joining the host and having his or her settings automatically set to be identical.

@vdgg

yes each time you have low health you have to take a different route which makes it very interesting how to handle low health situations
it is always a compromise between safety and speed

@ memfis

oh yes that last part of map09 was the highlight in this run (especially because everything before went quite good and it was almost the last level).
We were sitting in the same room and kOeGy shouted something like "stop it, you are killing me!!!!" (in german) and I responded something like "don't panic, you are still alive" **

but of course I thought this was not necessary, but I really did not see him in that dark place...

I always forget how many damn monsters are packed into refueling base.

Doom 2 Map02 UV-Speed in 00:36.23

This only took 10 minutes to do, though I have practiced this map much more, but not for an IL run. So, someone should probably getting working on a better time for this map.

I also assume CNDoom entries are posted here?

lv02-036.zip

ZeroMaster010 said:

I also assume CNDoom entries are posted here?

Since it is a port demo, it isn't really a Compet-N demo in the traditional sense, so I've moved it.

ZeroMaster010 said:

Doom 2 All UV-Speed in 23:03

You can read txt for more info, I just want to say...

I F***ing hate map 24 and 27... enjoy.

Insane! 0_o
It's near-unhuman achievement!
All the glides, grabs, jumps, boosts...
Awesome ssg efficiency!

Cool. Now I have some motivation to improve my personal record, heh. Don't hold your breath but I will strike back!

Thanks everyone!

would love to see another movie run from you Looper :)

Also from looking over the demo again, I noticed 2 lost souls between the teleport and exit platform on map 24, I'm not 100% certain, but I would think that at least 1 of them were standing next to the wall above somewhere I can't see (as in I could see them first after waiting for them to go back down because I was killing the other lost souls). If that is the case this would have been yet another fail if I had attempted the wallrun.

edit: I made a youtube video with not the best quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8j2zj-A5tE
obviously doesn't mean much to many here since you know how to play demos.

youtube is good for a lot of more casual people, easy to link on various sites and stuff. I'll for sure send the video to people because its a good run, and people should see it

Youtube was how I saw many classic speedruns (Like stx-Vile's sub-30 NM run of Doom II) long before I discovered PRBoom and the ability to play back actual demo files. It's definitely good for showing a run to the masses without them needing to know what to do with a demo file.

Great job on the run by the way! Will TNT be next?