Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Tell me what you think

I just made a small E2M8 replacer. I just got through testing it, and I think (notice I said "I") it's an ok level. I was wondering if I could e-mail it to some of you guys and see your thoughts on the level.

D'oh! I knew I forgot something!
/me smacks himself in the head
EDIT: NOW you should the zip file itself. Check your e-mail! :)

Heh, since you like this E2M8 level, I make an E3M8.
BTW, what are some things you would change about my level?

What would I change? Hell, throw in a door with a secret or something. Also, I'd prefer the double-shotgun over the rocket launcher. But that's just me.

I don't believe the original E2M8 had any secrets. Therefore, it made sense that my version wouldn't either.
What would you give my WAD on a scale of 1-10?

with the large open space now, i found the cybie easier. im not going to say too easy or too hard because you build the skill level for whatever you want, but definately easier (you dont have to worry about running into walls and stuff while you circle strafe him).

i always hated lost soles, so thats an improvement in my book ;).

fun making the barons attack the cybie, the problem is noone stands a chance against him unless they're in profusely large numbers (eg map08).

well there you have it; i had more fun than original e2m8.

Yeah, but along with the improvements, he made some things worse. Build a level from scratch and then you can really get an opinion.

magikal, whenever I try to send the e-mail, it tells me that your e-mail address doesn't exist.

DooMBoy said:

I DID build that level from scratch.

It's almost the same exact level, but with worse architecture (sp?). Anyway, keep trying, it wasn't that bad.

Well, it's not bad, it's not great either... I think the map is too big, there's supposed to be a little less space between you and the cyber. in this one you can sit a few miles back and dodge all of his rockets.

*sigh* i think itd be easier on everyone if you just uploaded it to a webpage, like in geocities or whatever you got

DooMBoy said:

magikal, whenever I try to send the e-mail, it tells me that your e-mail address doesn't exist.

Sorry my mistake, try it now.

DooMBoy said:

Check your mail.

Got it. It ain't too bad, but in my opinion, it was a big too big. Like Tarkus said, it is too far between the starting point and the Cybie...but hey, it was a bit more fun, you had to hike out there and blast him. :D