Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Just got Max Payne... WOW...

Fun to the extreme. I've been waiting for an action game with a plot and that's fun for years. Serious Sam was fun for pure action and no thought. Max Payne is one of those rare games that engrosses you. If I wasn't at school now, I would be at home playing it right now. Slow motion is cool. The game is super fun.

It's third person. Not BAD third person like most games. Think of a good cameras like Alice. It's easy to play anyways. It actually feels like a fps and also being 3rd person at the same time. Don't write it off until you try it.

As long as it's not as impossible to maneuver as Heretic 2.

The camera was horrible, only 2nd worst to actually controlling Corvus. NO I DO NOT WANT YOU TO SOMMERSAULT OFF A LEDGE TO YOUR DEATH WHEN I TAP THE DOWN ARROW, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I don't think there's a game to rival it for most non-controllable character ever.

True, the weapons & enemies sucked. But it's nice eye candy. The 3rd person control was decent. The 3rd person in Max Payne is much better.

apparently i heard you can do stuff like the neo in the matrix, like jumping across the floor and firing at the same time, i heard it really kicks serious ass.

I have to admit I'm curious about the game, although one thing that made me wonder was that in all the screenshots I've seen, Max has an expression on his face which suggests that he's trying to pass a turd the size of a small dog. =P

Of course, you probably just see the back of his head most of the time, so I guess it's not such a big deal.

I have to admit I'm curious about the game, although one thing that made me wonder was that in all the screenshots I've seen, Max has an expression on his face which suggests that he's trying to pass a turd the size of a small dog. =P

ROFLMAO !

Really? I've been hearing that same old joke since the first E3 video. I guess you don't check new's comments that much :)

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Dorothy: "Toto... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."
Toto (Up Dorothy's butt): "More like New York."

Note: 10 minutes after ZZ made this cheesy joke, everyone who viewed this had tracked ZZ down and stoned him to death.

Shit, I missed the killing party. Got the wrong address, I'll never trust in Lüt again.

Actually, I don't think I've heard that joke, but I admit it's the first thought that would come to mind in most cases. I haven't paid much attention to the press surrounding that game, so all I've heard are crazed ramblings about how awsome and wonderous and shiny it's supposed to be...never played it though.

But still, I have to wonder if Max Payne (is that actually the poor bastard's name?) walks around in public with that look/texture on his face.

If I remember correctly...one of the artists explained he makes that face ONLY when firing. :)

Well that's a relief. I mean when you look at the mad texture detail in that game, it would be real weird for the main character not to have at least two face textures.

On the other hand, you probably spend the majority of the game firing various guns anyway. ^^

After reading the review, I am starting to consider picking that game up, even though I promised myself I wouldn't get any more shooters until RTCW...and Doom, of course. =P

^^BUMP^^

No, seriously, I just got Max Payne today, and that game does seriously kick ass! I usually detest third person games, but I can actually play Max Payne with no problems. The Bullet-Time thing is awesome. I was actually surprised at how well it ran On my PC, being the latest game out and all. Oh, I think Max does only have one facial expression. To me, it looks like he's always smirking.
Apart from that, the level of detail is amazing.
I especially like one part so far (I have only just got onto Part 2) - The 'dream' section, where the corridors strech out in front of you, loos really cool.

Max Payne is fucking awesome. It requires at least 96 megs of ram and a Voodoo 3 bare minimum. Voodoo 2's will play it but they're totally unsupported so you'll probably get a lot of weird graphics errors.

I played through the whole game in one night.

It's shorter than SOF but has 10x the action crammed in there, plus a pretty good storyline. It has blowjobs and everything.

VERY good game... up there with Undying and Half-Life. VERY damn good game.

I stopped playing it for a while, unfortunately. Damn school. I'm about 1/2 way through. Fucked up storyline to say the least. Not for the squeamish, that's for sure.

And something to add - if you have a videocard with less than 32 megs, you're gonna have trouble playing it. My friend got it and was almost weeping when he realized he couldn't play it. Luckily, I have a Geforce 2 MX, so mine works silky smooth. Even on my 300 Mhz processor. Sigh... it's all videocards nowadays. I cringe at what Doom 3 will look like on mine with the insane Geforce 3 minimum requirements...

I hear ya there Elbryan! I have a GF2MX as well, but I'm also lucky enough to have a 800Mhz CPU and 256 megs of ram to go with it.... :P