Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

free doom

for u guys working on free doom why dont u guys ask team TNT if they would be interested in makeing anything for it. Look at final doom and boom, those guys are the best doom team around, next to ID, so i am sure at least 1 of them may help too. How far are u guys on the free doom project so far. i may be working on textures soon but what format and pixel size do they need to be

for u guys working on free doom why dont u guys ask team TNT if they would be interested in makeing anything for it. Look at final doom and boom, those guys are the best doom team around, next to ID,

Interesting idea, I'm not sure if TeamTNT is still as active as it once was though (I havent seen many releases from them recently). Certainly worth investigating.

so i am sure at least 1 of them may help too. How far are u guys on the free doom project so far.

This URL is to a dynamically generated page which shows the current status of the textures:
http://freedoom.despayre.org/status.shtml
Progress has slowed in the past week but we are still getting new stuff sent in. As well as textures we also have a number of sounds and sprites. We are hoping to use some sprites from Ebolas Hyena TC.

i may be working on textures soon but what format and pixel size do they need to be

They should be the same size as the original doom textures. You should submit them in .gif format preferrably (or png for hicolour versions). We greatly appreciate all submissions but be careful to read the guidelines first.

I have a question.

When freedoom comes out, who will play it? Sure people who would want to play doom now, in 2001, have probably gotten it a long time ago. And even if they didn't, they'd probably get warez.
As I understand, freedoom is for people who:

* want to play Doom
* would play Doom even if all textures, monsters and weapons were different
* don't have Doom (legally or not)

How many people like that do you know?

Plenty of people will probably play it, but who gives a crap? This is probably the biggest non-official doom project ever!

Heh. I've already contributed some sprites, some patches, some flats and a level. I'm going through that level and improving it though, cos some bits could be a lot better.

i am currently working on textures, maybey some spirits too. I also email teamTNT about helping us. I dont know if anyone has even asked them or told them about this but i would like to see some work they send in. also i hope free doom does not look like a cheesy doom2 TC. i would like to see levels high in detail but in the spirit of doom. also i think enemies should look similar and graphics should be kept doom like; bases, mars, earth, space, and hell. i dont really want to see this castle gothic shit or funky ass none doomish textures/spirits

I also email teamTNT about helping us.

They're still working on that Doom2000 thing. Plus, they'll probably turn it into a business operation.

They're still working on that Doom2000 thing. Plus, they'll probably turn it into a business operation.

Regarding to a post Randy Heit made at the ZDoom phorum Daedalus is completely finished and TeamTNT is just waiting that ZDoom 1.23 will lose it's beta status.

I'm very sure that Freedoom will be of very high quality. Many of the patches/flats are already better looking than the original ones. For the levels: if we get enough we will be able to select the best ones, so there will probably be very good levels too.