Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Alright, I continued my map 01 tas, and I finsihed Map 02. Map 02 is such a pain in the butt, so many monsters so I had to rerecord so many times. At one point I was at 1%, but I continued with it in the run and survived. Map 02 time is 1:02, and at DSDA Map 02 speed record is 1:41, so I think it's good. Don't think I will EVER go back to map 02 to get a better time. It's too hard. One question I have for Cyber, in any part of the run, is there a possible ledge jump or rocket jump in any of the maps possible with TAS?

fthtas.zip

Well, to start, you're on the wrong compatibility, FTH is cl9, so, there's a good chance you'll reach a point where you can't continue because you're on cl2.

There was a double glide like Catacombs I found in my playthrough, and a strafejump that I tried on 2, but I don't know if it's possible.

MAP04 has a strafejump in the end area, also shock where is the glide? Never looked for those to be honest. MAP10 could maybe have something, I never looked too much but the design around the ledges could maybe prove useful. MAP13 might have some RJ stuff, I can look around the rest of the maps for potential strats.

Edit: RJ on map 3 http://puu.sh/d9alb/ba4fb0c6da.jpg
Edit again: wait nvm, no keylol

Well, maybe I won't continue the TAS because of wrong complevel -.- I really don't want to redo, so maybe I won't do the TAS.

Giving up so easily? C'mon... When I was recording episode 2 of Doom Done Turbo, I was up to E2M3 before I realized I was in cl2 and had to redo everything. I'm even giving you a map 1 TAS I came up with in a little bit of time, I got 0:20.

Regarding the glide, it was on map 9.

ft01x020.zip

4shockblast said:

Giving up so easily? C'mon... When I was recording episode 2 of Doom Done Turbo, I was up to E2M3 before I realized I was in cl2 and had to redo everything. I'm even giving you a map 1 TAS I came up with in a little bit of time, I got 0:20.

Regarding the glide, it was on map 9.

Ok, so I looked at my 23 run again and I saw a lot of things not included compared to your run. So right now I've started remaking Map 01 but I haven't finished. Using what you told me (going around monsters faster, not bumping walls, etc) I'm already 7 seconds in the run, and it's so far about .6 faster than my 23. I'm not sure if I could 100% manage and get a 20, but my goal is 21 to start. I most likely will do 1-15 then 31. I think I'm about .15 behind your run, but like I said, I at least want 21, as I am new to TASing.

Ok, I finished map 01 but I only got 21, and I already spent much longer than I wanted. The only thing I might have trouble with next is map 02 with the barrier strafejump. I've tried many times, and I've never been able to do the jump.

It's kind of a tough jump, it took some time to get it to happen. I'm pretty certain it won't save time (possibly, it is even slower) anyway, so you could just do the intended route. I did up to map 3 and part of map 4, but I forgot auto strafe50 on maps 3 and 4, and I don't know if I want to redo them.

Well, same message back to you that you told me. Don't give up, you got a 20 on map 1 which is faster than mine, and an awesome map 2. Keep doing to run, if love to see it. I haven't seen a TAS from you in so long :)

I'm not giving up, though I probably won't end up redoing the map as it looks pretty good anyway, and I don't want to optimize this TAS to insanity. :P

Flashback To Hell Map 13 UV Speed TAS in 38

Saw some of Cyber's TASes, got bored, made a TAS in 1 hour. About 200 rerecords for this one, lol. Uses the AVJ Cyber discovered.

fth13x038.zip

No Rest For The Living Map 01 UV Speed TAS in 26
2 seconds faster than Cyber's full UV Speed TAS
Not very good, just showing Cyber's run is improvable.

nrftl01x026.zip

No Rest For The Living Map 01 UV Speed TAS in 24
Fast as Cyber's Nomo Map 01 TAS Time (!!!)
Anyway, enjoy the run. Not really sure if 23 and under is possible...

nrftl01x024.zip

No Rest For The Living Maps 01-03 UV Speed TAS in 1:44
Discovered a new trick on Map 03. Saves one second.
So far, 14 seconds faster than Cyber's TAS :)
Map 03 is fast as NoMo WR.

nervetas.zip

No Rest For The Living Maps 01-04
Found ANOTHER cool trick. Map 4 is in 42, which is 3 seconds SLOWER than Cyber's run. Because I don't grab the RL on map 03, it's 4 seconds faster than I would if I grabbed the RL. But I lost 3 seconds on map 04, so with the RJ I end up with being 1 second ahead.
I won't always keep posting my TAS again and again, I will only post now if I found a new cool trick.

nervetas2.zip

Did Map 05... and I got...
48 so now in total of 25 seconds saved :) The run should be sub-6
because Cyber's run is 6:33, and I so far saved 36 seconds. I literately used only 4 rockets in this map, compared to Cyber who used 30+ rockets on the map, lol.

I used the same route, but I tried again and again to avoid monsters like the manchubus you kill.