Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Map is now 100% Compatible with Vanilla DOOM

Before claiming things like that, you should at least playtest the wad, preferably in Chocolate Doom.

-Activating the chaingunner's chaingun secret lift crashes the game. (I also don't like how this particular secret doesn't have any slightest hint to it, you just press a random wall)
-Activating the DOORTRAK pillar lifts crashes the game.
-Opening the door of the Cyberdemon room breaks the game totally. (It's a SR action with 0 tag problem again.)
-Lava pit before the Cyberdemon room is inescapable AND nondamaging. (It shouldn't be either.)
-The abovementioned area is close to reaching DRAWSEGS overflow due to having too many 2-sided linedefs.
-Red door of the exit room cannot be opened.
-Not to mention that aesthetics and gameplay weren't improved in the slightest.

Well, secrets shouldn't be just random walls to press (ala Wolfenstein 3D), that's kind of unfair to the player. Common ways to "hint to" secrets are: A slightly different texture, a texture misalignment, candle in front of a wall, different lighting... Get inspired. ;)

scifista42 said:

Well, secrets shouldn't be just random walls to press (ala Wolfenstein 3D), that's kind of unfair to the player. Common ways to "hint to" secrets are: A slightly different texture, a texture misalignment, candle in front of a wall, different lighting... Get inspired. ;)

BOOM !!,V6 is out ! :3 and i fixed something you didn't mention,non functional teleport :P
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5e18vb9jk3sk4m/InfectedLabsV6.wad

DMGUYDZ64 said:

BOOM !!,V6 is out ! :3 and i fixed something you didn't mention,non functional teleport :P
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5e18vb9jk3sk4m/InfectedLabsV6.wad

-Pressing the Cyberdemon's door or the final red door still breaks the game. Doors with S1/SR actions need a non-zero tag. On the other hand, linedefs with D1/DR actions should have zero tag.
-Silver door in the start room is in 80 units tall sector, but the texture is only 72 units tall. Textures that aren't 128 units tall cannot vertically tile in vanilla, and cause "tutti-frutti" visual bug, visible on the door's bottom.
-I don't like the fact that the lava pit is actually inescapable, it's kind of unnecessarily unfair.

The doors are still broken, I don't know what are you doing. Hanging corpses in the fleshy area are blocking the player standing below them. Also, here you have a tip: Flag your monsters as "deaf". Then they'll only wake up upon seeing the player and they won't roam the whole map prematurely. Other tips: ASHWALL, DOORTRAK, SHAWN and the damaged stone textures look very ugly when used on large wall surfaces, Doom 2 has much less jarring-looking textures to be used as wallpapers.

EDIT: In V18, exit door is still broken, and there's no way to escape the Cyberdemon room, because the door closes behind you.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

OMG !!!,this is what do they mean by a fast release right ? ,i'm never doing it again,anyway UPDATE 10021 is up !
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bh7i1c32n17ual2/InfectedLabs19.wad
Oh ,and By the way ...
youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

I'm not going to download the wad anymore, sorry. Hopefully I've been actually helpful to you, at least.

scifista42 said:

I'm not going to download the wad anymore, sorry. Hopefully I've been actually helpful to you, at least.

I Knew what you mean :3 the cyberdemon room is still Unescapable >_< ,I really appreciate your help <3
EDIT : Going to fix it ..
Update (Chuckle) Finally Stable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Download here :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn5ebyrn4yilob7/IfLab-Stab.wad

Here is my submission: The Steam Rooms

I've been testing it in PrBoom+. I think you need to set the sound channels above 8 or it crashes. I set the sound channels to 32 and music to use portmidi and it plays fine.

It uses one custom animated wall texture WFALL1 to WFALL4 that is just a waterfall.

The midi is D_DDTBL3.mid from TNT.

Pinchy said:

Here is my submission: The Steam Rooms

Here is my FDA recorded in -complevel 9 (I wasn't sure about the map's compatibility, you should have posted it). Nice TNT-style semirealistic techbase design. The map was easy, there weren't nearly any pressure moments and there was mostly enough space to allow avoiding enemies. The exaggerated symmetry spoilt my impression quite a lot - I recommend you to make less symmetrical maps next time. Other than that, I've enjoyed the map and I like it.

Due to unforeseen circumstances/procrastination/me being me, my intended submission will have to wait until next year's project!

Howl!
Cry!
Moan!

Don't panic, all three of you that give a shit. I have something in the works right now to not-quite-make up for this loss of 20 minutes' worth of gameplay.

Name: Postmodern Redux
Author(s): Alfonzo
Build Time: 2 days
Editor(s) Used: Doom Builder 2, SLADE
Source Port: Boom compatible
Music: "Economy of Truth", by Jimmy

Authors Comments: Before you could personally murder Ceasar Wyngarde, the shrimpy antagonist of yesteryear's smash-hit Postmodern, he was rooted out and eaten by a possessed laundromat named Nelson. Apparently, this maniacal series of machines has adopted the rig worker's penchant for seafood and is magically draining the water supply for shrimp, causing massive geological disturbances and making a nearby STONE2 manufactory flood with lava. Grats team (which is like Bravo team but even more celebratory) has been sent in to deal with Nelson – you've got to clear out the freshly infested stone base.

The map was originally made for this project, but seeing as it's popped its clogs I'll give the map a home here and be done with it.

Alfonzo said:

Name: Postmodern Redux

The map was originally made for this project, but seeing as it's popped its clogs I'll give the map a home here and be done with it.

I've recorded an FDA just now, and during playing, I've realized that I've played the same map a year ago, so that it's not exactly an FDA. :)

TimeOfDeath said:

Cool, we're up to 31 maps so far.

Just a reminder that the deadline is the end of DECEMBER 31.

Shame it's not as long as the previous DWMP, at least I've shown improvement since the DWMP2013 map I made.

Great layout and look! Hopefully this will be more than shooting imps and zombies with the shotgun.
But I don't mind, it should play good anyways.

Title: DEC23.wad
Port: Vanilla (tested in Chocolate Doom)
iWAD: DOOM2.wad
[download]
Description: Short map that emphasizes shell management and quickness of step. Not very challenging, but not a sleepwalk, either. Somewhat minimalist, and mostly brown, with a little shock of fireblu. An amuse gueule of Doom maps. :)

Pics:

Du Mhan Yhu said:

If any one has played my map yet, can I get some feedback on ammo placement and let me know if it needs more/less?

At some point in the middle of the map I ran out of ammo. Some areas required clever infighting and at the beginning when I found the secret with the ammo and soulsphere I thought this was gonna be an easy romp, but I lost all of it halfway through.

You should try playing it yourself in UV and see where you usually run out of ammo. It was really hard to get back on my feet after I was completely drained, couldn't possibly max this map without cheating. It's a really good map design wise and gameplay wise, it just needs more ammo after about halfway through it, in most if not all areas.

EDIT: Oh, and you can get stuck in the BFG secret, which is by the way unmarked.

schwerpunk said:

Title: DEC23.wad

Simple, yet nice one. I liked it. Have an FDA.

I'll try Du Mhan Yhu's map as the next.

EDIT: Du Mhan Yhu: PrBoom+ crashed, "SKY3 not found" in Map01v3.

In non-ZDoom (non-advanced) ports, TEXTURE1 lumps are not cumulative. TEXTURE1 in a PWAD takes priority above the IWAD's one, completely overwriting it. You need to reinclude IWAD texture definitions into your TEXTURE1. In case of skies and switch textures, you need to reinclude them always, even if you're not using them in your map.

Just take Doom2's TEXTURE1, copy it into your wad, and then copy textures from your old TEXTURE1 into the new one.