Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

PrBoom-Plus, ver. 2.5.1.4

Danfun64 said:

If you decide to do that, at least make it optional. Some people like having the windows key go back to windows.

Sure, settable in options would be even better!

lol I've alt-tabbed a few times and now I can't use Tab to open the automap :-D

EDIT: Had to press Alt to get it unstuck.

VGA said:

lol I've alt-tabbed a few times and now I can't use Tab to open the automap :-D

Now that you mention it, I had similar troubles!

Goddamnit, how do I turn off infinitely tall actors? Can't find the corresponding option in the Compatibility settings.

How do I set the default window position to stay when the game launches? Like, it will always launch in the middle of the screen, and I would prefer top left or bottom right, without having to manually drag the window each time.

Cyberdemon531 said:

How do I set the default window position to stay when the game launches? Like, it will always launch in the middle of the screen, and I would prefer top left or bottom right, without having to manually drag the window each time.

sdl_video_window_pos "20,30"

joe-ilya said:

Are you talking about the overlay automap? It's a feature that can be toggled by a key while you're in the automap mode. The key is "O" (it's a letter o, not a zero) in my PrBoom+, but I'm not sure if it's the default binding.

scifista42 said:

Are you talking about the overlay automap? It's a feature that can be toggled by a key while you're in the automap mode. The key is "O" (it's a letter o, not a zero) in my PrBoom+, but I'm not sure if it's the default binding.

It messes the hud up if I start running it without the hud when I use it again after adjusting the hud.

joe-ilya said:

It messes the hud up if I start running it without the hud when I use it again after adjusting the hud.

Fixed. Thanks.

I may sound a bit dumb, but is there a way to enable the secret found sound and message? (like in zdoom?)

Is there any possible way to disable the atrocious mechanic that is Random Damage Spread?

I want to get back into recording demos, but this is the most frustrating thing to deal with and makes zero sense as a game mechanic.

No, Dungeons & Dragons-esque randomized damage values are an core part of Doom.

I mean, you could hack the source to change everything to fixed average values, but any demos recorded that way wouldn't be accepted by anyone.

TendaMonsta said:

Is there any possible way to disable the atrocious mechanic that is Random Damage Spread?

[Random Damage Spread] is the most frustrating thing to deal with and makes zero sense as a game mechanic.

I'm comfortable with it. Everybody who plays Doom seems to be. It adds a little unpredictability (and therefore replayability) to the game - that said, the game is still very predictable and repetitive with its default behaviour. Also, as Linguica said, this is something that a standard user (not source port creator) cannot influence.

Linguica said:
No, Dungeons & Dragons-esque randomized damage values are an core part of Doom.

And can work in your favor, too. Many a time I've taken a fireball to the face and barely got singed, thanks to hitting the low end of random.

scifista42 said:

I'm comfortable with it. Everybody who plays Doom seems to be. It adds a little unpredictability (and therefore replayability)

I'm the extremely minute minority here.

It's one of the biggest reasons that diminished replayability for me (of course DOOM is still an addictive psychoactive substance, and it's got me hooked), but it is quite possibly the dumbest thing to ever be implemented in any video game.