Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man'O'war

opinion on favorite doom enemy

Cacodemon. If I have to say this one more time, I'm going to strangle someone.

Favorite enemy is probably either Hell Knight or Baron of Hell, can't decide which.

i like the revenant. he looks quite cool. cyborg skeleton... heh..

Cyberdemon owns them all! - it just looks so cool and it's able to squash just about anything.

However, the enemy I get the most joy out of killing is the lowly imp - I love to watch it fly back when I blow it away with one of the shotguns (preferably the single barreled) and listen to the "uuurrrrggghhh!" sound it makes when it dies.

The award for "best attack" goes to the Archie - I don't like way the thing looks of the thing (I hate thin creatures - gimme a huge, muscular monster anytime), but its attack is the coolest of the coolest :-]

Are you kidding? They're like beachballs with horns. What's scary about that?

Spike said:

Are you kidding? They're like beachballs with horns. What's scary about that?

A person's fave monster doesn't have to be a scary monster.

dsm said:

A person's fave monster doesn't have to be a scary monster.

True i suppose. I know what you mean about killing imps tho, satisfying as hell.
Same goes for smacking a demon in the face with a d/b shotgun. Especially on a ledge with a nice drop.

I love typing in IDBEHOLDS and going Berserk and running at full speed at an Imp or Former Human or Demon and hauling off and knocking the shit out of them. It's especially cool to hit them at such a way as to see go flying off a high ledge in bits and bloody pieces.
The Cacodemon has a pretty cool death animation. It makes that cool death sound and falls to the ground with a splat.

I suppose the scariest creature IMO is the arch-vile (probably everyone's).

And as far as killiong enjoyment, i'd have to say it's a tie between nailing an imp with the single barrel shotgun and shredding a demon with the chainsaw.

Assmaster said:

I suppose the scariest creature IMO is the arch-vile (probably everyone's).

It CERTAINLY depends on the situation.

Man'O'war said:

what the hell do you mean by that?

It's a joke of course.

I have to say either the Cyber-demon, the Imp or the Archvile. All can be fun to fight depending on the level and they can be very challenging depending on their numbers or map design.

bigbadgangsta said:

ROMERO'S HEAD ON A FUCKING STICK ALL THE GODDAMN WAY!!

of course, thats obviously the best enemy. but does it shoot out cybies and big spidies?

My fav monster is the Mancubus. I just love his death-animation and the sound it makes when shooting fireballs.

Ptoing said:

My fav monster is the Mancubus. I just love his death-animation nad the sound it makes when shooting fireballs.

i hate those things......

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bigbadgangsta said:
ROMERO'S HEAD ON A FUCKING STICK ALL THE GODDAMN WAY!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

of course, thats obviously the best enemy. but does it shoot out cybies and big spidies?

/Me chokes
WTF!? Romero the best enemy??? That thing is possibly the single most annoying enemy of all. Its only weapon is spawning critters and you have to vastly depend on luck combined with skill (but luck is the biggest factor) to kill it - needing too much luck to kill an enemy = not fun!

And no, it does not spit out cybies and SMs (thankfully).