Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

And your wad should contain F_END marker. Keep FF_START, just replace FF_END with F_END after all flats.

FDA - I've got roughly to 2/3 of the map before I've died. Don't worry, I've only fisted the very first pinky demon, then I didn't waste so much time anymore.

Health balance was okay. There was a bit too much ammo, I thought. I didn't like the frequency of (teleport) ambushes in my back. I also felt that the map encourages and rewards camping (and running back) more than anything. Other than that, I liked the map. Looked really great.

scifista42 said:

FDA - I've got roughly to 2/3 of the map before I've died. Don't worry, I've only fisted the very first pinky demon, then I didn't waste so much time anymore.

Health balance was okay. There was a bit too much ammo, I thought. I didn't like the frequency of (teleport) ambushes in my back. I also felt that the map encourages and rewards camping (and running back) more than anything. Other than that, I liked the map. Looked really great.

Was that played with a Keyboard?

JUST IN TIME!

Map name: Cliffs of Acheron
Format: Vanilla
Music: Temple Stage from Tekken Tag Tournament

I finally found a use for those spare 1-hour maps of mine lying around! Cliffs of Acheron is comprised of 3 of my 1-hour speedmaps that I've made over the past year, with a collab speedmap I made with Scifista42 thrown into the mix and an ending tacked on to make the map nice and presentable. Difficulty settings are implemented but untested and it might need a bit more ammunition, but at least it's done! Lemme know if I dun goofed.

Superluigieth1 said:

Cliffs of Acheron reminds me of Dr. Sleep's Crossing Acheron.

I thought of that, but the name was too cool to pass up. :)

Hey TOD, Did you check out the latest version of "Basically"? The link can be found a couple pages back. By the way, Change the Link to V3 of my map in the op.

BloodyAcid said:

Name: Go "Start-an adventure"
(ha ha startan textures -> start an nevermind)
DL: http://puu.sh/dShcp/3a68da9719.wad (141kb)
screen: http://puu.sh/dShrR/5d4874ca2a.png

Good luck finishing this, because I sure didn't.

hihi, here's a fda: https://www.mediafire.com/?ov6do7bumiocmca

pretty easy, mostly poorly executed bfg-spam affair. haven't played a spammy map in awhile so your silly screenshot actually tempted me into playing :D. you can cheese most every room, btw I think your red switch doesn't require the red key -.-. also ffs put block-monster lines around the AV platforms please :p

mindless, unpolished (untested?), pretty hideous. but I was in the mood so I actually enjoyed myself.

Ribbiks said:

Thanks!

Ribbiks said:

pretty easy, mostly poorly executed bfg-spam affair. haven't played a spammy map in awhile so your silly screenshot actually tempted me into playing :D.

Since I have basically no experience playing or making slaughter/spammy maps I don't really have a good grasp on difficulty. I considered putting teleporting archviles to revive monsters and reducing ammo count.

Ribbiks said:

you can cheese most every room, btw I think your red switch doesn't require the red key -.-. also ffs put block-monster lines around the AV platforms please :p

Will do.

Ribbiks said:

mindless, unpolished (untested?), pretty hideous. but I was in the mood so I actually enjoyed myself.

Hideous? Definitely. Mindless? Yep. Unpolished? Even more so. I built the entire map on the premise of the startan joke :)

Thanks again for the playthrough though. I updated the map (by no means should you have to suffer through this again) and removed roughly 1600 cells and changed some things here and there.

http://puu.sh/dSzK1/e000152eb4.wad

Obsidian said:

JUST IN TIME!

Map name: Cliffs of Acheron
Format: Vanilla
Music: Temple Stage from Tekken Tag Tournament

I finally found a use for those spare 1-hour maps of mine lying around! Cliffs of Acheron is comprised of 3 of my 1-hour speedmaps that I've made over the past year, with a collab speedmap I made with Scifista42 thrown into the mix and an ending tacked on to make the map nice and presentable. Difficulty settings are implemented but untested and it might need a bit more ammunition, but at least it's done! Lemme know if I dun goofed.

http://i.imgur.com/35huU7Z.jpg

Not sure what I'm supposed to do in this room, already killed everything in it. Am I missing something incredibly obvious? Also, sniping an AV with just the regular shotgun is not good, and the mass of chaingunners behind the yellow key thing was kind of lazy, in my opinion.

paymentplan said:

http://i.imgur.com/35huU7Z.jpg

Not sure what I'm supposed to do in this room, already killed everything in it. Am I missing something incredibly obvious?

You're supposed to AV jump onto the ledge. I suppose that could be kind of annoying. :/

Update and hopefully final version of my map - Uses textures from the plutonia experiment.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vxppava4azjxph8/motmm.wad

Name - March of the mortal mortars
Port - boom
Author - Matt "cannonball" Powell
Build time - A week with edits throughout the rest of the year
Editors used - Doombuilder 2 and slade 3
Music - "I will chop Mariah Carey's head off with a Chainsaw" by Paul Corfiatis.
Inspiration - the start very much on plutonia 2's map21, the rest was just a hash up of unrelated ideas.

More info about my map:

Name : rock bottom
Port : vanilla
Author : Ilya "joe" Lazarev
Build time : 2 days and another day to fix things.
Editors used : DB2 & slade 3
Music : "goodbye American pie" by Bobby Prince
Inspiration : Doom2's E2 and tricks used in other wads and Kama sutra's MAP18.

@TimeOfDeath: Don't forget to update OP with my version 6. I PM'd you the link last night, it fixes the bfg secret so you don't get stuck.

Edit: I totally forgot the 3 character prefix. (DMY*****) for the textures, I hope it wont be an issue.

ChaingunnerX said:

Sloppy FDA. The sun was shining into my face the entire time while playing, and I couldn't close curtains in my room because they were replaced by Christmas decorations. As a result, I haven't seen nearly anything on the screen (and died 2 times), and my playstyle was altered so that it actually worked well in this particular map, because the map's intended pace was apparently slow.

Simple map, easy-ish, slow paced, cramped, underpopulated, but nice one. :)

I don't think god will get too angry if joe compiles it. I'm sure many of us would be happy to see the compilation appear as soon as possible, regardless of who does it (does it matter???).

The thing is, how will the map order be decided this year? Will there be one wad or multiple ones?

I'll be compiling the wad. It'll be ready some time in the next week or two.

Map order I'm not sure about, still have to decide on that.

I tried to keep the "map title" links in the OP updated to the latest wads, and the "post" links are just for myself to see info on the map.

Thanks to everyone for submitting maps and stuff!