Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

MAP29 UV-Max in 20:12

Holy hell...I'm usually a cold player but my hands can't stop shaking from this ending!!!!

A few mistakes here and there costed me the sub-20 barrier.

p2292012.zip

1ntru said:

Holy hell...I'm usually a cold player but my hands can't stop shaking from this ending!!!!

cool... just imagine the last cyber splattered you a few steps from the exit! facing a herd of them can easily ruin a perfect run right in the end.

I have never even imagined that somebody would dare to finish an UVmax on map29 by doing what you did, Rizera. Breathtaking ... jawdropping ... thank you so much for this demo!

1ntru said:

Gusta said:

I have never even imagined that somebody would dare to finish an UVmax on map29 by doing what you did, Rizera. Breathtaking ... jawdropping ... thank you so much for this demo!

Haha, thanks a lot! Actually, I tried that because I thought that my demo sucked, and also I didn't have enough ammo to kill the Cybie. Here is a better demo which still sucks. Even though I tried quite a few, I can't get a better time here or I just miss one or more monsters that I can't find.

MAP29 UV-Max in 19:09

This is my fourth exit since my 20:12 demo, and even though it's not the best looking, it's my fastest. I always had missing monsters and I couldn't find them. Here, I luckily found them quite fast. This map is cursed!!! I don't plan on touching it for a long long time from now.

p2291909.zip

I love when such a good demo, has several critical situations, like when you were probably in panic with 0 armour, low health and that AV fire attack going on, and just that fence with holes to hide: a step more forward and you'd be on the ground ;P

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map32 uv-max 11:11**

wish it would be easier to record this level, but the insane quantity of badass stuff which can happen, makes it tough. Invulnerable nazis are killed, and max kills (367) is reached.
more infos in the txt

pl232-1111.zip

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map15 uv-max 02:16*

I'm glad it came even if it took way 2 long (more than 2 weeks lol), since I've so less freetime now :(
the 3rd d.demo of my list.

p215-216.zip

well, that's actually a record, so would you mind attaching some text files into the archives in the future? that file will end up linked around (dsda, doomwiki) and it will look orphaned. :P

bumpetybumpbump

So I was going to record a demo on SoD map14, but I forgot to edit the bat-file, so when I started it I was running Plutonia 2 map25. So in a split second I decided to just try and do the map since I had already started it, and I got a 00:25.

With a .txt this time, yeah.

p225-025.zip

a few asked for all the lmps of my fast runs already, but I'd prefer to post them all when i'm done with all the levels, unless this will take 1 year longer.. no idea in that case lol

I'll share my last tho, for all the others, check the playlist in my yt acc

map20 uv-fast in 11:43

beautiful map, and will for sure try to max it in future

MERRY XMASSSSSSS!

edit: for who don't know, 4 PEs cant teleport in, yea.

p220f-1143.zip

helloes, I recently found quite annoying the bug also tatsurd jumped into in his uv-max for map22. very often 1 or both mancubus on the way to the redkey disappears in the void, and become unaccessible. would a run be not valid if one mancubus gets bugged like this? Sometimes all goes fine, sometimes the fat boys cant be killed. how to behave in such situations, do I have to restart each time I see those monsters cant be reached?
edit: you can clearly understand what im saying downloading tatsurd max and watching his 2 bug-demos there
http://doomedsda.us/lmps/1086/1/p222-843.zip

Sadly, the convention says yes. There are demos where everything works, therefore it's necessary to kill everything. Cruel, annoying, luck based.

Or maybe you could make a fixed version of the map (I'm not sure how though, maybe simply resaving it with a different nodebuilder should be enough?) and enjoy speedrunning without annoying bugs. If you beat the record using a fix wad, it will probably become a standard on this map and all maxers will use it in the future. Or will some people say that if Tatsurd suffered with these mancos then so should everyone else who attempts to max this map? The situation is a bit tricky, yeah... I guess it would be nice to hear what Tatsurd thinks before making any fixes.

well. I'm in the early attempts for the uv-fast category, im not playing regular max yet, so this isn't really an issue for his record (yet?) but for the moment ive scored a slower 100%kill time, and one 1min faster with 1 mancubus missing. From now on I do keep restarting if the bug occurs, but this kinda sucks yea. I assume in general unless you contact the author for a fixed version (like I did with valkyriforce with doomcore wad for a few levels) you should always whip your balls till you get a valid run after all.
I just wanted to know some more ideas about it, and if there's a cheap way to avoid mancubus to be trapped

Well, fixing the map is okay IMO, I'm sure tatsurd would understand. :) The problem is that pl2 is riddled with bugs and the fix would inevitably bloat up to cover as many of them as possible. There's a bad node bug on map25 iirc, map20 has unreachable monsters and I bet there's more. Then you're introducing considerable chaos into the speedrunning tables, because pl2 is well "demofied". I'm not saying it's game over, but as you say, it's something to be carefully considered.

Wasn't there some bug fixing project anyway? Perhaps it's time to finally finish it and maybe it will even cause a "second wave" in speedrunning as it was with Scythe 2 re-release.

No, afaik there was just an effort to make Gusta fix all those things. That lazy bastard just rolled over and went to a pub instead, of course. :)

dew said:

There's a bad node bug on map25 iirc

umh what about this bug?

oh btw something strange happened already twice in map24. There are several monsters in front of teleport lines, and one of the revenant turned "deaf" and went into sleep mode, not jumping then in the line to spawn. I watched the demo back, and with IDDT it seems it was at beginning woke up normally, what can induce monsters to go sleep mode like that?

umh it happened again, can some1 check this out? the revenant going sleep mode is in one of the teleleporter area on the far right with other 2, which spawn regularly instead

edit: had a look with slow motion during the demo. the revenant turns sleep mode as soon as the other two enter the teleporter; the monster should appear when moving closer to the bluekey in the level. 2 spawn and the third stop moving then

edit2:I have a valid max, I changed the way I jumped on the bkey, copying tatsurd's movement on his max, and it worked. Must be some sort of bug causing that rev to idle or w/e