Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Marine MD2's

I'm going to try out MD2 models but zdoomgl says it can't find any of the "marine" md2's, marine, marinedie, etc. I apparently don't have them and they aren't in the zip I downloaded. Sooooo where can I get them or what do I do to the MD2.ini to not use the marine models?

Thanx in advance.

zdoomgl kicks ass, well if it works. zdoomgl has not had a upgrade in a long time and it sucks. It has so many bugs it is the best looking but it is so unstable. that happens to be an error. i did something to my md2.ini file to get around it long ago but i forget what i did now

I tried out ZDoomGL and it only ran like .5 frames per sec. I guess our built-in video card can't handle it. It says AGP in its name, but it still won't work.

Oh, don't worry, I fixed it. I got the marine md2's passed up, and now happily running zdoomGL perfectly, and with MD2 models! w00t!

It says AGP in its name, but it still won't work.

AGP doesn't have anything to do with 3D acceleration.

AGP doesn't have anything to do with 3D acceleration.

Unless it the port =P
/me wimpers
Don't hit me for that...

I don't like the md2 models... they just don't match up to the detail of the sprites. That and they animate a little weird... I'm sure they'll get better though.

While I'm here...
/me steals Zeratul 982's rabbit's foot
/me kicks Lüt right squah in the nuitz
/me hits Dark Fox

Whimper again, bitch! =)

Someone should make them again, just like the skins. If it's for OpenGL, they could put some more texels and polys this time. Afterall, there are GeForce 3 going around.

yea they do need remade, after all many are from a old quake TC. They should have 4x the polys and alot better skin jobs. i think the cyberdemon looks like shit, others look retarted. i am sure some one here has the time and know how to redo them and make them truely kick ass

I never got the MD2 models to work with ZdoomGL at a liveable framerate. I tried to force them down Jdoom's throat and only got the barrel models to work. Now everytime I play Jdoom they look just a bit out of place, like a blast from the future.

I agree that the md2 models should be redone. I would but I dont have a good enough md2 editor! (I need 3d studio MAX, but I dont have a spare $3000 just lying around)