Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

122 demos this week.

blob: I checked one demo's footer and it said 2.5.1.3, so I checked several more (old & new) and they all said the same.

Cyber: Fixed. Thanks!

Actually, two of the secrets on Perdition's Gate map 27 are impossible to get, so the previous max runs only miss one secret (max secret percentage possible is 77%). Also, my Unholy Realms map 4 UV-Speed is a Pacifist.

Resurge.wad on DSDA doesn't match the one on idgames. Apparently, the idgames version have an updated map26. Luckily, no demos for that map, yet.

106 demos this week.

SAV88 & Didier: Fixed and added. Thanks!

Grazza: Links to both the individual demo and the pack are dead. Would you mind re-posting?

Looks like my two Hellcore 2.0 demos from this post slipped through the cracks. ;)
edit: The UV Speed on XAOS.WAD is actually actually UV Speed + 100% Secrets. Are you amenable to creating new categories or would it have to be limited to a comment in the table?

Oh, and with the latest update the total demo running time crossed 3,000 hours - that's 125 days!

Andy, would you consider implementing a couple of extra buttons on the Settings page? "Clear All" and "Select All" is what I have in mind. Doing them by hand is quite laborious.

Also, do you think it would be useful to have another demo filter, by engine? Something like "vanilla" and "show all", the former filtering out all non-vanilla-compat stuff like (G)Zdoom and Legacy.

Thank you for your work and time!

If there would be the creation of new categories, I nominate No Monsters 100% secrets :)

And sorting vanilla vs non-vanilla wouldn't really make much sense. Especially for wads that are boom or zdoom compatible. Maybe, just have all engines/complevels be a checkbox in themselves or something. Or maybe a standard complevel/engine for each wad could be a thing, and a filter to remove all non-standard demos. (although this would be hard/time consuming to implement). Either way, I prefer all demos on the screen at once, it's just easier :P

AD_79 said:

The Switcheroom E1 nomo in 5:18 from here isn't mine, it's MD922's.

haha, I've made mistakes in level names before, but accidentally writing down the wrong author is pretty funny.

Andy Olivera said:

Grazza: Links to both the individual demo and the pack are dead. Would you mind re-posting?

Will do once I have dug them out. I'm away from home right now and am not sure if I have them with me. Remind me in a couple of weeks if I haven't posted them.

80 demos this week.

All fixed and added since last update.

As for upgrades, engine settings are likely, but not before I finish adding the Compet-N demos (getting close, but no ETA). New categories are possible, but do we really need more than the nine we already have? Will the addition of UV Speed 100, Pacifist 100 and NoMo 100 be an improvement?

Andy Olivera said:

As for upgrades, engine settings are likely, but not before I finish adding the Compet-N demos (getting close, but no ETA). New categories are possible, but do we really need more than the nine we already have? Will the addition of UV Speed 100, Pacifist 100 and NoMo 100 be an improvement?

I think that UV Speed 100 would be nice (I suck at UV-Max, heh), Pacifist 100 as its own category is unnecessary though.

didn't wanted to start a new thread for that. I have a question regarding multiplayer demos. can you start a demo with prboom on a specific player instead of cycling through the views with the "spy" button? I tried to pick a corresponding commandline option but couldn't find a full documention on the parameter list for prboom+.

There's no CMD-line parameter to change the point of view, for this you'll have to hex-edit the demo file.

In vanilla v1.9 LMPs (which is what most of, if not all, multiplayer demos are) that's byte 8.

Its range of values is as follows:
0x00 - Player 1 (Green)
0x01 - Player 2 (Indigo)
0x02 - Player 3 (Brown)
0x03 - Player 4 (Red)

BTW, this has nothing to do with DSDA and should be a separate thread.

Andy Olivera said:

I am now at home and have checked my backups, etc., and, bizarrely, I don't have them. I had one computer give problems around that point, and these files must have fallen just in-between back-ups.

Surely someone else has a copy of the Extremal Doom Demo-pack? After all, a bunch of us - many still active-ish here - worked on it for the best part of a year.

77 demos this week.

Grazza: Bummer! Google only turned up one other mention of the demopack and it was the same dead link, so I guess it's gone from the net for the time being.