Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 15 - Sid's Last Hurrah!

Previous session.

Alright kids, February's session will be coming to a Skype near you on the 15th at 1pm GMT+12(pretty sure that's the time the forum uses). Themes will be posted on here and The Abyss for those of you who are disinclined to use Skype. Feel free to suggest themes as per usual. :)

One more thing: considering I am going to move to the city and start studying sometime in the very near future, this will be the last session I hold for quite some time, if not the last session period. At the moment I have a candidate to carry on the sessions for me, but if you'd like to carry the torch as well then let me know and I'll deduce the best person for the job. It's been fun guys.

-Sid

The default forum time (=when I'm not logged in) seems to be GMT, but everybody can set his profile so that whenever he logs in, all displayed times switch to his correct timezone, for me it's GMT+1. ;)

wait, is this the last one? Noooh...

Anyway, a map sets in the sewers? Or a map that resembles pandemonium or gotcha, if the first option wasn't good.

GMT-8 here.

Now, I think that having a choice between a couple themes AND a couple gameplay mechanics would be interesting (you would be able to pick one of each).

Xaser said:

Theme suggestion: Chainsaw.

Theme suggestions:
Chaingun + chainsaw, no shotgun + no SSG.
TNT Evilution style.
Blue and green.
And all what I've suggested in previous threads. ;)

Mandatory blur sphere
Zimmer mountain
Scythe Map28 aka RUN! ;)

Should be able to attend this one.

Its rather bothersome that the time that it is happening is being held keeps changing.

Not insomuch that it is a different time. But the format. Just when I get used to converting NZ time to my time, it changes to GMT, which gets confusing because of Daylight Savings Time in the states. Next person to head this should probably just post times in a couple locations. NZ time, GMT, and Eastern US time zone. I don't think we have anybody mapping from Central Asia...yet.

I have a suggestion: Right on the day when a new session is announced, Obsidian (or the new thread starter) should make an informative post at the specified hour and say: "This is the exact hour when the session will start, in exactly X days!" So that everybody can see the hour converted to his own timezone directly on the forum as the post's time, and thanks to the "X days" info, he can also easily calculate the exact date (whether it's Saturday on Sunday if his time zone is +-12 hours from the thread starter's).

The best I can do is post 24 hours before the proceedings kick off: I still can't quite wrap my head around timezones yet. :D Also I might take GRB's advice and have 5 themes to choose from, just to mark the occasion.

Obsidian said:

The best I can do is post 24 hours before the proceedings kick off: I still can't quite wrap my head around timezones yet. :D

What I've meant was, you could post the time info A_MULTIPLE_OF_24 hours before the session, so that people will be certain about the exact hour as soon as possible. ;)

Okay. Fwiw, this appears to be 7 PM Eastern on February 14 stateside.

Is it usual time? It seems to be two hours earlier by my count :x

TheMionicDonut said:

Is it usual time? It seems to be two hours earlier by my count :x

No, it's still at 2pm NZ time. I may have screwed up the GMT time.

Yeah, probably. Hopefully new ASS person will address time zones D:

Obsidian is out watching 50 Shades of Gray or something, so he told me to tell you all that session starts in 24 hours.