• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Megalyth said:

I'm a sprite artist now :v

"I NEED TO LOSE TWENTY MORE POUNDS OR I'LL NEVER BE PRETTY!"

So the Mancubus is really big boned which would make him quite a wide Revenant if he were resurrected as one, the large separation between the legs makes it seem like it would be that way. :P

Grenade Launcher:

I was thinking I'd remove the scopes from the weapons.. they kinda eat a lot of vertical space. And I probably wouldn't make them useable.

Jimi said:

It doesn't look very different from your machinegun, honestly, even the colour is the same, and I'd see it as a problem if different weapons didn't have distinct enough character. Even though I can see the differences between grenade launcher and machinegun, the guns are interchangable at first sight, which is not so good, IMO.

Obsidian said:

Tell me, how often do you laugh out loud out loud?

Only on special occasions.

Don't know about the final colors for the weapons, but I think lots of them are going to use this green/grey theme.

Anyway, here's non scoped versions of them.

Guest Unregistered account

Weird as it sounds, I never liked plain metal Grenade launchers. I thought a weapon that throws another weapon would be ultra high-tech in a future game (e.g. with you being able to see the grenade inside the launcher - and when it's "launched" - through a glass tube in the barrel or some crap) - I don't even know.

Joe667 said:

I thought a weapon that throws another weapon would be ultra high-tech in a future game

Make a Machinegun-Launcher, a gun that launches firing machineguns.

Thanks.

Yea, sure it would have been cool to see the grenades in the revolver thing, but it's too much trouble. You may see them a little bit if I make the weapons reloadable. The grenade launcher fits 8 grenades. The machinegun has a 60 bullet magazine.

edit: here's some more.. Flamethrower and Rocket Launcher. Flames slide and rockets are guided.

Nice - the texture with the criss-cross pattern running along the upper wall is very cool.

Jimi said:

Put a simple (but distinct) icon of fire on the upper barrel of Flamethrower, and put a simple icon of a rocket on the upper cover of Rocket Launcher, all for the sake of clarity to the player. Each of the weapons looks so generic that it'd be hard to tell what it does for anybody else than yourself. If you make the icons more subtle rather than striking (while still distinctly recognizable), it shouldn't even feel that cheap.

jmickle66666666: Cool textures. The orange wall and the ceiling could be used differently. Same for the red wall. They feel more decorative parts.

scifista42: I think players will learn quickly what they do. There's also enough ammo to test fire a few shots.

Meanwhile in the alien training facility...

How exactly do I make one of these?

schwerpunk said:

EDIT: may as well post a lightmaps version of my level, just for fun:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/eWnfhS0.jpg?1[img]

Linguica said:

Indeed, intriguing. There is JUST ONE occasion when a random number is involved! I wouldn't guess it, ever. But now that I look at the scheme and imagine a monster walking according to my experience, it makes sense. I see the monsters zigzagging all the time, and keeping direction when going along a wall and reaching a door and NOT going through. Well done, thanks!