Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Editing COLORMAPS

I was going to suggest my own little utility, XWE, but you said it sucks. It can edit the doom palette entry, and rebuild the colormap fading into any given color.

Each program listed has a different way of doing the same thing.

DeePsea - F7/Edit Palette tool - does the Palettes and Colormaps. Mostly similar to Inkworks in that it gives you a graphic to check your work and a fairly large work area to mess around in. Read the docs in the various utilities to get a handle on the basics (if you need them).

If you are doing them for BOOM, insert C_START and C_END between any custom colormaps. The way you do that is save the COLORMAP entry only to a PWAD and then import it back (F7/Import) in renaming the lump to whatever you like.

Lobo said:

Hey Deep! Any luck with that psx wad?

I did some preliminary work - it's similar to the ATARI version in some ways. Had some new embedded work come up - I'll see what time frees up, right now I'm not even having time to update the docs and post a new version of DeePsea:)

P.S. Railgunner : to the COLORMAP question, be sure to download DeePsea from sbsoftware.com for version 11.6 The one posted here is obsolete.

Inworks / TNT's colormap tool tutorials on my editing site, as well as ways to use them in your levels...