Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Generic Sodaholic Asset Submission Thread

Resubmitting these because they're better than what is currently in Freedoom and are also sufficiently different than Doom's. Please consider taking them to use as replacements, the current ones are bad and these ones do qualify, I believe.

Here's a few alternate exit signs.

This is only a WIP, but I tried making an alternate FLOOR4_8:

EDIT: The flats have been updated since I originally posted this message.

Personally I think the exit sign should remain red because otherwise it may mess with maps color schemes a bit, maps made with lots of REDSTONE ending with a bright blue exit sign might clash a bit. Otherwise yeah, those are some good submissions.

Sodaholic said:

Resubmitting these because they're better than what is currently in Freedoom and are also sufficiently different than Doom's. Please consider taking them to use as replacements, the current ones are bad and these ones do qualify, I believe.

These look great, but it would be helpful to know which assets you are intending to replace ;)

I like your floor modification, it's a bit more lively than the current one. There's a few variations of it, and if all of them are redone, that would be great.

I'm thinking of attempting some new liquid flats as even though some of them are okay, as some are bad quality and none are stylistically consistent with one another.

chungy said:

These look great, but it would be helpful to know which assets you are intending to replace ;)

Those were CEIL3_5, CEIL3_6 and CONS1_1, respectively. For the other CONS1_x textures, CONS1_1 can simply be rotated to the appropriate orientation. I've been wanting to get those textures replaced for a while. Please commit them, they're an objective improvement over what's currently in there (especially the computer console flat).

As for the FLOOR4_8 attempt, I unfortunately lost the layered source file for it. However, I'm not too satisfied with my it anyway and would rather start over from scratch.

Oh, and some sprites:

The shells are modified by me from Freedoom's existing SHELA0 sprite. The shotgun and rocket launcher sprites are hybrids of the Freedoom and Demon Eclipse sprites, so partial credit goes to Eriance on those.

Sodaholic said:

I'm thinking of attempting some new liquid flats as even though some of them are okay, as some are bad quality and none are stylistically consistent with one another.

And so I did:

Here's the rest of them in a WAD.

And for the love of Freedoomguy, replace those godawful computer console flats with mine, already.

I know it's improper to bump so early, but I'd really like some input on my latest textures (ceilings, liquids and console).

More specifically I'd like to know why there has been such reluctance to replace the beyond-awful computer console flat.

Sodaholic said:

More specifically I'd like to know why there has been such reluctance to replace the beyond-awful computer console flat.

I think devs have been busy. Even raymoohawk's caco is around somewhere, waiting to get committed.

Catoptromancy said:

I think devs have been busy. Even raymoohawk's caco is around somewhere, waiting to get committed.

I thought that's because they weren't 100% finished yet.

I don't want to be annoying, but I'd really like some input about these new assets, it's been weeks.

raymoohawk said:

just tried them ingame, they look very nice, but it would be cool if they where more different from each other

Hm, I suppose you're right, they are all a bit too samey. I'd actually prefer if the liquids generally stayed as consistent as they are, but being that lava has a far thicker constitution and generally behaves differently than cooler liquids is enough justification for me to try making a new set of lava.

Catoptromancy said:

Bump. Those computers and lava look good, should be added.

Thanks. I don't know why my efforts to replace the console flat have been ignored for so many years. The current ones are plain shit and look out of place with the higher quality assets now surrounding it. It's one of the oldest assets in the project, and it sure shows!

Some new grass textures, because the current ones are garbage.

GRASS1, GRASS2 and RROCK19 in that order.

Sodaholic said:

This is great, have you ever finished that one? Or maybe you'd contributed this tile in its present state, it's already pretty neat as it is.

I've noticed you added the new FLOOR4_8 and FLOOR5_1 to FLOOR5_3 flats. However, the WALL03_7 patch, which is generally similar to FLOOR4_8, has not been replaced. I suppose that it should be updated as well?

MrFlibble said:

I suppose that it should be updated as well?

Yeah, that was something I overlooked. I'll get it taken care of soon.