Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

This is a rather small map. Nothing too spectacular but I just wanted to see what I could do in the span of 1 day (actually took less time than expected). The result was satisfying (at least for me ^^") so I decided to contribute to the project. It's also my first map that uses limitations (2048x2048). It may be a little cramped at times but I think it's ok for the most part.

Game: Doom 2
Name: Canyon Complex (May change later on but this will do for now)
Build Time: About 1 day
Difficulty settings: Yes
Music used: WOS's map02 music (Don't know the name)
Sky transfers: Yes
Format: Boom
Grid: 2048x2048
Tested with: PrBoom-plus 2.5.3.1
Known bugs: None that I'm aware of.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nzu4mrcxciynzoq/CANYCPLX.wad

The_Trigger said:

This is a rather small map. Nothing too spectacular but I just wanted to see what I could do in the span of 1 day (actually took less time than expected). The result was satisfying (at least for me ^^") so I decided to contribute to the project. It's also my first map that uses limitations (2048x2048). It may be a little cramped at times but I think it's ok for the most part.

Game: Doom 2
Name: Canyon Complex (May change later on but this will do for now)
Build Time: About 1 day
Difficulty settings: Yes
Music used: WOS's map02 music (Don't know the name)
Sky transfers: Yes
Format: Boom
Grid: 2048x2048
Tested with: PrBoom-plus 2.5.3.1
Known bugs: None that I'm aware of.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nzu4mrcxciynzoq/CANYCPLX.wad

Thanks for the map. It played well with no issues.

I now have received 22 maps after about 1 month.

Soo, i may still do a map that fits into extra episode, right? :P

(totally did not forget)

EDIT: well this was an embarassing bump, had it bookmarked

Nice level, I thought the cyberdemon fight was unnecessary (kinda long\boring) but I guess there is a secret plasma somewhere that makes it more fun. It was exciting to see something new from Kristian.

Memfis said:

Nice level, I thought the cyberdemon fight was unnecessary (kinda long\boring) but I guess there is a secret plasma somewhere that makes it more fun. It was exciting to see something new from Kristian.

There is indeed a secret plasma gun hiding somewhere which makes the fight more fun. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. The map was done in only 5 days! :)

Nebula-Kristian said:

There is indeed a secret plasma gun hiding somewhere which makes the fight more fun. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. The map was done in only 5 days! :)

Loved the secret exit too. I found it accidently after completing the level. Took me to a Plutonia like teleport. Maybe I'll make MAP31, a plutonia-style map.

After I'm ungrounded, will I be able to make 2 boxes of 1024x2048, and another map made of 4 boxes of 1024x1024?(separated boxes for all of them)

joe-ilya said:

After I'm ungrounded, will I be able to make 2 boxes of 1024x2048, and another map made of 4 boxes of 1024x1024?(separated boxes for all of them)

Nope. It must be joined as long as the playing area is no more than 2048x2048. (imagine 4x 1024 blocks)

2048x2048 or less. You could also do 4096x1024 (if you lined the 4x 1024 blocks in in a long row instead.)

Smaller sizes like 1920x1920, 1792x1792, 1536x536, 1024x1024, 768x768 and whatever are accepted. Or 2048x1024, or 2048x512, etc etc.

But 2048x2048 is much easier to do

pcorf said:

You could also do 4096x1024 (if you lined the 4x 1024 blocks in in a long row instead.)

Wait, really? What about an "L" shape made of 1024x1024 blocks? What about something like 1500x2700? What about a crazy blocky shape made of 256x256 blocks? This sounds odd, now that you revealed that you're OK with a dimension longer than 2048.

scifista42 said:

Wait, really? What about an "L" shape made of 1024x1024 blocks? What about something like 1500x2700? What about a crazy blocky shape made of 256x256 blocks? This sounds odd, now that you revealed that you're OK with a dimension longer than 2048.

If its confusing you just stick to 2048x2048 or less. That is what I plan to do. Silly me.

I'm going away on a short trip and won't be back until Wednesday.

I had an idea to make you teleport through 4 buildings, and in the other map to teleport between two shores. Guess, I can't :(.

Got some rooms done, I'm going to take my time on this map, I have till november for this, so why rush. So far decent results, its pretty dark still, might brighten the place up a bit. Its going to be an underground uac base.

Dutch Doomer said:

Got some rooms done, I'm going to take my time on this map, I have till november for this, so why rush. So far decent results, its pretty dark still, might brighten the place up a bit. Its going to be an underground uac base.

No worries. When it is complete, it will be complete.

VOODOO MAGIC

Found this unreleased map from 2009 hanging around so I decided to polish ti up and put it into pc_cp2.

You are alone, in a bland undetailed courtyard. Why so little detail?

Pressing the switch may change all that.

DOWNLOAD: paulcorfiatis.com/24pc_vm.wad

Posting my map (screenshots on the last page). Not really sure why I didn't sooner - oh wait, probably uni and various other time-sucking commitments. D:

Cusp of Agony

A little unsure on the name but it's the best I've got currently.

EDIT: oh yeah I was gonna write a midi for this wasn't I, ooooops

xnv said:

If some can confirm that this piece of crap map fits 2048x2048 I might try finishing it (very alpha quality).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0c-4D2pDtVcUpxWXJoTzFpYTg/view?usp=sharing

Yes, the playable area fits 2048x2048.

Two issues:

An Arachno doesn't teleport in because the switch which allows it to (linedef tag 28), is a non-switch texture on the back of another switch (don't understand that). Making it linedef tag 25 so it teleports in when the Red Key is lowered seems more logical.

The map can't legally be finished. The last switch with lowers the lift lowers it to NextNearestFloor, which is the top of the corner supports. Should be LowestNearestFloor, which also reveals missing lower textures on those two corner supports.

Otherwise, nice. This feels like a lot more than an alpha.

EffinghamHuffnagel, thank you very much for testing!
I used two linedefs to perform multiple actions via passthru and it's possible to finish the map in some not very obvious fashion (hint: it's some stupid platforming).
As for not being a beta there's currently only one fleshed out area in terms of design and others need major work. Additionaly there needs to be some balancing which I have no sense for.

Hi. I made a thing!

Name: Schizophrenia(might change it)
Music: "Getting Too Tense" from Doom II(also might change it)
Mapslot: MAP30

Pic.

I decided to have a crack at a bossmap and designed a DeHackEd boss that replaces the Commander Keen. There's some level before the boss though, so don't fret. :P Here's a version with the textures included in case you can't be arsed doing it yourself.

Obsidian said:

Hi. I made a thing!

Name: Schizophrenia(might change it)
Music: "Getting Too Tense" from Doom II(also might change it)
Mapslot: MAP30

Pic.

I decided to have a crack at a bossmap and designed a DeHackEd boss that replaces the Commander Keen. There's some level before the boss though, so don't fret. :P Here's a version with the textures included in case you can't be arsed doing it yourself.

Cheers. I have not received the map as I am having some difficulties with dropbox.

Please email it to me unzipped.

I have sent you a private message.

franckFRAG said:

I think to add this map in your project, I began this map before you announced the project, but it's enough small so that it enters the criterias. The map measures 1600x1920 for the moment.

Screens :

http://i.imgur.com/6wQQuROl.png

http://i.imgur.com/E1RR9JSl.png

http://i.imgur.com/QrxRXJul.png

No problems. Feel free to finish it off and and submit it.

I have been busy working on Doomed Space Wars and that will be released before this project is released. I also plan to whip up another map or two myself for pccp2.