Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Nomonster speedrunning

My record (2:19) for S2E1 Nomo is beatable, so i say give another try for it. If you want the demo, it's on the previous page

More Scythe nomos. :D

Map 5 in 0:10.94.
Map 6 in 0:09.74.
Map 14 in 0:23.71.
Map 24 in 0:19.86. (bonus run without RJ in 0:28)
Map 30 in 0:30.80. (bonus run in 0:31 without RJ)

sc_nomo10.zip

D2TWID
Map28 NoMonsters in 0:55

previous post had 1:17 but Shockblast helped me find a way to get the fence glide in NoMo

id28o055.zip

eLim said:

D2TWID
Map28 NoMonsters in 0:55

previous post had 1:17 but Shockblast helped me find a way to get the fence glide in NoMo

Every time I tried to find a good angle setup, it would fail randomly, so, eventually, I figured out that the best strategy is to just wiggle around. :D

I had the most consistency starting with the angle in this demo and then going back and running into the fence and wiggling around until it works (maybe other angles work too). Two demos included where I don't get it on the first try, so it's not perfect, but it should work pretty well in general.

Also, included a segmented/TAS demo where I run into the fence and build up a momentum that I do not lose even when I stop moving. From this position, moving backwards pushes me out of the fence with a pretty fast speed. With XDRE, I also found an angle that, when I move into the wall, I get pushed through the fence at a ridiculous speed (max normal diagonal movement with -turbo 255).

id28o047.zip

4shockblast said:

Also, included a segmented/TAS demo where I run into the fence and build up a momentum that I do not lose even when I stop moving. From this position, moving backwards pushes me out of the fence with a pretty fast speed. With XDRE, I also found an angle that, when I move into the wall, I get pushed through the fence at a ridiculous speed (max normal diagonal movement with -turbo 255).

That's the angle used to get in void with such wall, just like in E3M1/E1M8. When you are about to get to the void, you don't have to press anything, it will just increase the momentum. Funny thing is, you can sometimes get stuck so that the momentum gained is too high, even if you decelerate with MF50 and strafe50 (the momentum stays between 27.185-30+).

Heh, that glide isn't hard. Trying to stop on the platform below in its original shape was. :)