Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Idea: An episode with nothing but silly Prog Rock (Camel, Yes, etc)

No, not Prog Metal (we have plenty of that, not a bad thing though) I was listening to Camel and realized there isn't much presence of such style music in Doom. There's some (BTSX2's happy music, Swim with the Whales), but I thought it would be neat to have a series of levels that reflect the style of music. Looking at the Doom Musician thread also triggered this thought.

Would you think there's a demand for levels that reflected something like...

in fancy psychedelic colors? It would be more of Doomguy going on an adventure vs something super serious. Just a thought, wondering if anyone agreed.

FYI: City of Doom is an episode that uses primarily classic prog rock midis (Pink Floyd, Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer, etc). I'd say they go pretty well with these confusing as hell levels. :)

i could dig battling through prog rock album covers, tho truth be told there are already plenty of topographic oceans in doom if you know where to look

If dream theater was in the set, it would probably be some of their lighter stuff (images and words, falling into infinity). I wouldn't mind seeing Metropolis pt 2 (the Falling into Infinity Demo version) or Trial of Tears be a theme for a map. 6DOIT (the song) isn't a bad one either.

In terms of Prog metal, Jimmy did a pretty cool song that's similar to Lost Not Forgotten for BTSX2.

Edit: I would love to see a map dedicated to Yes - The Ancients from topographic oceans.

If there's anything a long map really needs, it's a lengthy prog-rock piece. Say what you want about HacX, but it at least got the music down to a T.