Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Survive In Hell demos [-complevel 9]

Sounds like a few things could be fixed. This is what I experienced in the map:

- In the beginning, when I opened the first door (red) and turned around and ran around the corner to the left to allow the barons etc. to get away from the door, that area (to the left) was usually clean when I didn't record using complevel 9. When it was on, suddenly there were pain elementals, mancubi etc. all over the place.
- In the blue key area (cave with imps, rocket baron, etc.) the rocket-shooting baron would stay pretty much in the same place when I didn't use complevel 9, but with, it would move around more (not so much visible in these demos I think).
- Perhaps a coincidence, but with c9 I had more accidents with the demons right at the start (running towards the red key area), sometimes killing or damaging myself with a rocket (instead of hitting the imps).

TL;DR Monsters definitely move differently.

I also noticed the weapons switching thing, quite annoying.

Map32 UV Max:

(well, too slow)

Didn't beat the current record, but it's good enough for me. Maybe I'll try to redo in the future. The wad I used was "sihR2fix.wad", but it seems everybody was using "sihR2.wad", so I fixed the name, and it should be replayable.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map32 UV Max:

si32-314.zip

Map01 UV Max/Reality:

si01y337.zip

Oh my god... I just can't control myself playing Map32... such a fuuuuuun map, and well, I feel guilty not putting up something new, so just finish Map01 by the way. The Map32 run can be improved even more, and I got some good ones but died at the end.

Map02 UV Max/Reality in 2:47

si02y247.zip

I guess the difference between 2:46 and 2:47 is how fast you hit the first switch...

Map03 UV Max/Reality in 4:30

si03y430.zip

Revenant missiles dodging drill.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map31 UV Max/Reality in 12:06

si31y1206.zip

For some reason, you can tag 3 or 4 secrets out of 2 in this map. I didn't do well to kill the Cyberdemon at last because of being nervous. Difficult parts would be fighting a group of enemies with some Caco corpses on the floor, so sometimes shots can sneak through enemies and hit you. Also, the Cybruiser in this WAD has more health than in Valiant/50mon, and he fires 2 shots in a row, so I need to take some time to adjust. Overall, it's towards the easy side because there's no hitscanner.

Map32 UV Max in 3:06

si32-306.zip

Alter the priority from Revenants in the corners to Demons in the center. Mostly the time waster the last few Demons that don't want to teleport in or are lost in the middle. Therefore, clearing the middle field first will make them teleporting quicker and save time.

Edited by GarrettChan