Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blueworrior

Looking back on your younger, stupider self.

Looking back at my younger self I had a smaller head. Like literally my head wasn't as physically fat as it is now. I've not gained any weight in 20 years, but my head is bigger. I think that's a good way to peg age. Even if the body stays the same, the width of the head doesn't.

I look back at my old posts every once in a while and I cringe every time I do it. I really can't believe some of the stupid shit I've said here.

perhaps a poor choice of words. I'm not saying that EVERYONE was stupider when they were younger, but let's be honest here, most of us were. If you were somehow smarter when you were young, then I wholeheartedly apologize... just kidding. I don't really.

I'm pretty sure I got reported for using the word "toilet" in an AOL chat room for kids back in the dial-up era. To clarify, I was a little kid at the time -- otherwise being in the chat room for kids (which was a terrible idea to begin with, AOL) would have been a whole different problem.

I've fastidiously avoided mentioning toilets on the internet until now.

The shit we used to get up to in Geocities chat rooms in the 90s would probably get kids arrested these days.

The more I think about it, the weirder a general chat room seems. Why would that ever be a thing? The ones dedicated to specific subjects made more sense.

Revel in over ten years of being a damn fool on a forum. I present my first ever post:

I mean, hey, I was like half my current age back then. Funnily enough, I recently worked on a commercial project with one of the people who replied. They were a bit nicer to me when I was helping them fix their code than cluelessly shitposting on a Sonic research forum. :P

I can't show my first ever forum post from 2004 because the site shutdown only months after I recall, there was another site related to it by the same creator put up after which I registered on in 2006 but I eventually deactivated that first account in 2008-9, it would be cheating just to show the first post on the second account I now have there.

Welp, I found it. I was a DC user since 2001, but apparently this is from 2004. I could swear it was older.. My favourite part is this:

DoomKid89: o idrfypnrs,s[[rt
DoomKid89: that says i used to be a mapper

Full log here, it's just bursting at the seams with intellect: https://www.doomworld.com/profile/54-kaiser/?status=364349&type=status

Edited by Doomkid

Doomkid said:

DoomKid89: o idrfypnrs,s[[rt
DoomKid89: that says i used to be a mapper

Jsjs, O hry oy@