Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

[nevermind] GIFs in powerpoint

I'm putting together a presentation for a public speaking class, and was hoping to put a few looping animated gif images (1-10MB, usually over 50 frames) on slides instead of linking to youtube videos.

I've found that the animated gifs in powerpoint 2013 playback very slowly compared to when viewed on a browser, almost two and a half times the speed.

Anybody know anything about why they slow down in powerpoint? The presentation is coming up next week and I'm not looking forward to finding good static photos to use instead.

EDIT: meh nvm I'm using Google Slides instead, which animates them correctly.

Probably too late to be helpful, but if you have flash you can import gifs and export them again at a higher playback speed, IIRC. Seems like a lot of trouble though.

Doomkid said:

Probably too late to be helpful, but if you have flash you can import gifs and export them again at a higher playback speed, IIRC. Seems like a lot of trouble though.

Or instead of this, you can just edit the gifs in an actual graphic editor and set their speed to whatever you want, in the same clean way like when creating the gifs. :|