Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom II Guy

Wow, I suck

Alright, I want to do something that is extremely easy...but I can't figure it out. I got my room, but I want to make a small ledge to put a gun on. How do I make it a different size so that the ledge doesn't go up to the ceiling?

It's all about sector floor and ceiling height! A ledge will usually have the same ceiling height as the adjacent sector, but the floor height will be greater. 24 is the greatest height increment a player can walk up on without jumping. Player height is 56 units I think, cannot fit into a sector of less height (height=ceiling-floor).

Well, when I raised the floor the graphics got messed up under the actual textures I had. Anyway, I don't think I really NEED to have a higher floor, do I? Another problem now, the top of the ledge (where the gun would be located) is blank, how do I put a texture there?

You have to give the linedefs being used for the ledge a "below" texture, either front or back below, depending on which way the linedefs are facing.

For the top of the ledge, you simply have to give it a flat, or floor/ceiling texture.

First of all, what editor are you using, that would help, so people could give more specific instructions.

if the textures are misaligned try to use of the upegged option (easy) or the x/y offset (not so easy). if your editor has an error checker use it to see if your missing any textures, like archvile said.

This really sucks. Now I made a new room and it won't let me make a different sector...it says choose between 0 and 0. Argh. I still can't get this damn ledge.

Doom II Guy said:

Another problem now, the top of the ledge (where the gun would be located) is blank, how do I put a texture there?

In DeePsea, if a textures is missing, it displays MISSING.

To add a texture, right click or press enter on the linedef, then add the texture as required in one of the 3 texture boxes. If it's on the other side, click the Side2 button.