Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doohnibor

Doom64 and PSXDoom addons

Are there any DOOM64 and PSXDOOM addons worth playing?

I am looking for Episodes/Megawads/Expansions which run in DOOM64 EX or PSXDOOM

All I could find so far is "Plutonia64" which has only 3 Levels so far
and "the lost Levels" for PSXDOOM

Is there anything more out there?

Sadly there's not too many to choose from.

You can always check The Official Doom 64 EX Forums for maps and/or projects -- I know there is a project in-the-making over there right now that looks pretty sweet.
I'm also working a single map to run in Doom 64 EX which I plan on releasing in the near future (if things go as smoothly as planned).

I too wish that there was more of a drive for PSX Doom and Doom 64-style maps, but hey, what can you do.

jdagenet said:

Sadly there's not too many to choose from.
I'm also working a single map to run in Doom 64 EX which I plan on releasing ...

looking forward to play it : )

Doohnibor said:

looking forward to play it : )

Me too. :)

Doom 64 EX is just so cool. I really wish there was more interest. Though, if I'm honest, I'm part of the problem as I can't map normal Doom for shit let alone Doom 64 EX... :(

Anyway, a bit more on topic. I don't know of anything for PSX Doom other than the ongoing The Lost Levels project. However, there are the 2 Threshold of Pain projects by Scalliano. While not technically for PSX Doom they are most certainly of the same ilk.

As for D64, Footman put out a handful of maps quite a while back and they're pretty good. I think they can still be found on the official D64 EX forum.

PS: Please post here if you come across anything else. I wouldn't mind playing something else in D64 EX... :)

Average said:

PS: Please post here if you come across anything else. I wouldn't mind playing something else in D64 EX... :)

Didn't have the time to dig much deeper yet.... but as of now it looks like there is basically almost nothing out there except a few single maps here and there ...and the upcoming Plutonia64.

Most of the stuff seems to be conversions of classic Doom maps to the D64 EX engine. Which is kinda sad I think, because DOOM64 offered some really interesting new possibilities when it comes to gameplay.

These DOOM64 gameplay elements were (to my knowledge) never explored and used in a major project.

I really really would love to see a BRANDNEW DOOM64 project - which ISN'T BASED ON EXISTING MAPS, done by a Team of experienced DOOM veterans - exploiting the DOOM64 gameplay possibilities to the max.

Slightly off topic:
- did the "lost" PSX archvile sounds ever surface?
- does anyone know how to manually select "lost levels" maps with "idclevxx"? Whatever number I put in at the end it only loads the maps of the normal package.

^
Some of these shots look great. I'll certainly be keeping a beady little eye on this project. :)

Doohnibor said:

I really really would love to see a BRANDNEW DOOM64 project...

This has definitely crossed my mind more than once -- heading-up a megawad that aims to recreate the feel and atmosphere of the original Doom 64. A "Doom 64: The Way Midway Did" so-to-speak :P
If I could recruit the right people, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Z0k said:

some screenies...

I really like some of those screens. Colors are a bit too saturated in some, but the general design present in the levels look promising and original.
Definitely keeping tabs on this one as well.

I wish there was more addons for the Duke 64 TC too but that's another community and game altogether.

Avoozl said:

I wish there was more addons for the Duke 64 TC

Did't even know it existed. Guess I will have to look for it at some time ; )

Avoozl said:

I wish there was more addons for the Duke 64 TC too but that's another community and game altogether.

I just had a look at it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjGG9U0feb4
Is this the game you were talking about? I was hoping this would be completely different compared to the original. But it seems to be basically the same like the PC game??

I'm actually working on a Doom 64 project. I'm including some new weapons and upgraded one that already exist. A reload system for some weapons such as bfg9000/plasma gun etc..except chainguns. A sort of "Doom 64 enchanced". On the GZDOOM port.

It's a project that i have been working for atleast two years. But i never managed to show something because i always finished by scrapping my ideas. But i recently begun once again to work. And i hope this time it will work! I'm quite happy that some people out there are enjoying this game as much as i do!

@Sorry if my english sucks.

Mayhem666 said:

It's a project that i have been working for atleast two years. But i never managed to show something because i always finished by scrapping my ideas.

Great to hear that there's another project in the works... : )